Has Anglo-American Bonhomie died on this forum?

Still better than Yank land, I'm proud of Sheffield, if people don't like Sheffield or live in a Yank fantasy land, why don't they go and live there! if cap fits wear it, OOPS! I should have said Baseball cap, how sad you people are.:loopy:

I'm proud to have been born in Sheffield too. When I lived there it produced some of the best steel in the world, the people were straight forward, friendly, down to earth and hard working.... proud of their jobs. Not keyboard jockeys

You are no representative of Sheffield. You're just a xenophobic narrow minded mean mouthed little person who spouts a lot of vitriol most of the time.

Dont say you speak for Sheffield because as an alleged Sheffielder and Yorkshireman :suspect: you are nothing but an embarrassment as a total ignoramus

What about Eirīkr hinn rauði? (Erik the Red) He was there a few years before Columbus.

I have to admit that although I live here (and I do enjoy living here) I can't resist 'extracting the urine' occasionally.

America does have far more history than many of its citizens realise.

F'rinstance: If you ask the average(well-educated and knowledgeable) American: "What is the oldest city in the US?" You'll probably be told: "St Augustine Florida" (It's been inhabited since at least 1513 (and it's 1730 your time.) :hihi:

If you say "What about Acoma Pueblo?" (continuously inhabited since about 900 AD) you'll get blank looks.

I thought it was Vegas

I'm proud to have been born in Sheffield too. When I lived there it produced some of the best steel in the world, the people were straight forward, friendly, down to earth and hard working.... proud of their jobs. Not keyboard jockeys

You are no representative of Sheffield. You're just a xenophobic narrow minded mean mouthed little person who spouts a lot of vitriol most of the time.

Dont say you speak for Sheffield because as an alleged Sheffielder and Yorkshireman :suspect: you are nothing but an embarrassment as a total ignoramus

Where is the best steel made now, PENNSYLVANIA!:hihi::loopy:

Who owns England nowadays? - Did the Duke of Normandy sell it off?

When Duke William took on the Saxons his army was fresh off the boats after a short channel crossing and even if the sea was a bit rough that day Vikings never get seasick.

On the other hand Harold the Saxon had just fought and won a battle against the Danish army at Stamford Bridge in Yorkshire and had then marched his army on foot all the way south to Hastings to meet the Norman invaders and they were probably pretty knackered.

The battle was lost by the death of Harold because back in those times when the king or leader fell mortally wounded in battle then it demoralized his army completely to the point where formations broke and the will to continue the fight was lost

It was just Duke Williams lucky day that's all :hihi:

When Duke William took on the Saxons his army was fresh off the boats after a short channel crossing and even if the sea was a bit rough that day Vikings never get seasick.

On the other hand Harold the Saxon had just fought and won a battle against the Danish army at Stamford Bridge in Yorkshire and had then marched his army on foot all the way south to Hastings to meet the Norman invaders and they were probably pretty knackered.

The battle was won by the death of Harold because back in those times when the king or leader fell mortally wounded in battle then it demoralized his army completely to the point where formations broke and the will to continue the fight was lost

It was just Duke Williams lucky day that's all :hihi:

That's a somewhat simplistic view. (But if it works for you - go for it! :hihi:)

One of my ancestors (Bill the Ba [illegitimate son]s Master at Arms tried to warn the boss - but as usual, he didn't listen!

"That bloody archer in the second row - If he doesn't pay a bit more attention to what he's doing, he'll have some poor bugger's eye out!"

Archived