UK economy has returned to growth according to NIESR

I read all of the article. The figures showing growth are based on fact. The end of the article that you refer to concerning the future is nothing but speculation.

You've got fact and estimate mixed up. You keep on doing this.

Look, here is the start of the article again for you. I've highlighted a couple of key words:

Britain's struggling economy left recession in the third quarter of the year, expanding by a healthy 0.8% as it bounced back from the diamond jubilee shutdown, according to the latest estimates from the National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR).

In its monthly assessment of the outlook for GDP, NIESR suggested the economy expanded by 0.8% in the third quarter. That would mark the end of the double-dip downturn, and the strongest growth since mid-2010.

No facts there then.

The quote from Chris Williamson in my other post is indeed based upon fact.

In 2007, i genuinely thought it was a Japanese lost decade we were looking at. How wrong i was.

Theres no chance we are out of this in 2017.... Maybe not 2020. These debts will either have to be written off or passed onto our great grand children.

Was it just a lost decade, I think they have yet to recover.

Two Lost Decades? Why Japan's Economy Is Still Stumbling

Sorry folks but 'growth' is over as we have known it, we've had a debt fuelled binge for 30 years on the back of cheap energy, now the cheap energy has gone, $100 dollar for a barrel of oil mainly, so has 'growth'. As Chris Martensen has said, 'The next 20 years are going to be nothing like the last 20 years.

acman.

You've got fact and estimate mixed up. You keep on doing this.

Look, here is the start of the article again for you. I've highlighted a couple of key words:

No facts there then.

The quote from Chris Williamson in my other post is indeed based upon fact.

How can future figures be based on fact?

How can future figures be based on fact?

Like this.

A weak set of trade figures for the UK, also published on Tuesday, threw further doubt on the prospects for recovery. The trade deficit on goods widened to £9.8bn in August, from £7.3bn in July, with exports declining by 4% on the month. Analysts said this reflected the impact of slowing growth in the eurozone and other major economies.

Chris Williamson, of data provider Markit, said: "A batch of dismal data and a gloomier assessment of the economic outlook has cast a further dark cloud over the UK's economic health,

For future reference, it would be better if you read articles before you link to them.

Like this.

For future reference, it would be better if you read articles before you link to them.

For future reference it would be better if you learned the difference between fact and speculation.

If we are out of recession the scale of the Govenrment cuts will soon have us back there.

When Gideon, Smarmy and Lapdog talked about rebalancing the economy I fear that they may have meant the only people in work will be the spivs in the City!

I see as ever you are long on insults and totally void on anything constructive. I do pity someone so clearly infused with hatred as that..

I see as ever you are long on insults and totally void on anything constructive. I do pity someone so clearly infused with hatred as that..

I truly pity someone to whom the adage 'there's none so blind as he who will not see' applies!;)

Archived