UK economy has returned to growth according to NIESR

A good old worldwide war will rebalance it all no doubt... wouldn't surprise me if that's where we're headed in the not to distant future...

I hope not.

Who are we supposed to fight? Who are the enemy?

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised at a revolution rather than a war. Either way it's not going to be pretty and should be avoided if at all possible.

National Institute of Economic and Social Research estimates UK economy expanded by 0.8% in the third quarter, marking end of double-dip recession

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/oct/09/uk-economy-exits-recession-niesr?newsfeed=true

This seems much in line with similar figures supplied by the Chamber of Commerce last week.

Well that's not what all of the other economists are saying. Yesterday, they were were saying the economy has shrunk more than expected and the trade deficit has more than doubled in the last couple of months. 2.5 years and counting and thinks are much worse now than in the period up to 2010.

Archived