Why do Asians vote Labour?

I know they dont ALL vote Labour, but Asian areas, particulary in Sheffield, all return Labour MP's/councillors, or mostly do anyway.

Clearly many Asian families own/run shops and businesses of various kinds, so therefore I find it strange they vote for Labour, a party that is quite hostile to entrepreneurialism with all the red tape, high business rates and rents etc. Also the Asian community in general are socially quite conservative, putting them at odds with Labours more "progressive" stance on social issues.

The areas in Sheffield that have large Asian communities ought to be safe Tory seats.

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/tenancies/quarter-of-tory-mps-are-landlords-says-research/6524104.article?MsgId=62961

A quarter of Conservative MPs are private landlords, according to research for an independent campaign group.

Pricedout, a group which campaigns on behalf of first-time house buyers, found that 83 out of 305 Conservative MPs are supplementing their income through private tenants.

Only 12.5 per cent of Labour MPs and 15 per cent of Liberal Democrats own properties that they rent out.

Tory's like high rents.

They are the landlord party. Another thing to consider is how many of them benefit from CAP payments.

What baffles me is why anybody votes labour. They are well into exploiting people through property, they put council house rents up massively - bit by bit and the formula still stands today. Disgraceful! They didn't start building, they continued RTB and worst of all, they demolished 1000s upon 1000s of decent houses.

They privatised parkhill and now it stands empty. We need to take that building back. It belongs to the people of Sheffield. We might aswell use it to the benefit of people of Sheffield, rather than subsidise ridiculously high mortgages, and in turn; banks, lawyers, landlords, landowners and other forms of rentier.

They have forced millions onto benefits, increasingly people in work. Vast swathes of the country now have their income predetermined by the tax-benefit system. Their policies have resulted in us spending more on benefits for workers, than we do the unemployed.

Man and woman have had their careers destroyed, because 8/16/24/32/30 hours in any job results in a gain from the system. Unskilled work has been favoured by the skilled over the unskilled, pushing the unskilled out of the labour market and stopping them from gaining skills, the skilled have lost skills and ceased to gain them.

If I was Asian I would be looking to form my own party, for an Asian community. I would be wanting to ensure we had Asian land so that the community could reap what it sows without being forced to give yield to foreign masters. (More of a foreign class than a race though).

I think I'm on safe ground to say that many Asian families own or run there own businesses of various kinds; If its a stereotype its hardly a negative stereotype is it? its a good thing.

I did nt imply you were being negative,but the point is people are being presumptuous to speculate about motives.I would suspect that the more business oriented would vote Tory.Many Asians run businesses as a substitute for conventional employment,as they experience prejudice when seeking work.

Its all a class war with Labour isn't it?? even though there is no "old boy network" in the Sheffield small to medium level business community... its just not like that at all, its about grafting to start your own business and be in control of your own destiny.

No not at all. There has been for more class war under Tories than Labour; it's just that when Tories engage in it, it is rebranded as something else

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/tenancies/quarter-of-tory-mps-are-landlords-says-research/6524104.article?MsgId=62961

Tory's like high rents.

They are the landlord party. Another thing to consider is how many of them benefit from CAP payments.

What baffles me is why anybody votes labour. They are well into exploiting people through property, they put council house rents up massively - bit by bit and the formula still stands today. Disgraceful! They didn't start building, they continued RTB and worst of all, they demolished 1000s upon 1000s of decent houses.

They privatised parkhill and now it stands empty. We need to take that building back. It belongs to the people of Sheffield. We might aswell use it to the benefit of people of Sheffield, rather than subsidise ridiculously high mortgages, and in turn; banks, lawyers, landlords, landowners and other forms of rentier.

They have forced millions onto benefits, increasingly people in work. Vast swathes of the country now have their income predetermined by the tax-benefit system. Their policies have resulted in us spending more on benefits for workers, than we do the unemployed.

Man and woman have had their careers destroyed, because 8/16/24/32/30 hours in any job results in a gain from the system. Unskilled work has been favoured by the skilled over the unskilled, pushing the unskilled out of the labour market and stopping them from gaining skills, the skilled have lost skills and ceased to gain them.

If I was Asian I would be looking to form my own party, for an Asian community. I would be wanting to ensure we had Asian land so that the community could reap what it sows without being forced to give yield to foreign masters. (More of a foreign class than a race though).

Here we go usual self pity!:rolleyes:

Its because Asians work hard, they dont exploit people nor use the 'old boy' network to try to better themselves. They are grafters and distrust Smarmy Dave and his vermin friends. Capitalism brought them to this country, the exesses of capitalism causes abject poverty and slavery in places like India.....................just what Cameron and co would love to see here.

Dimrod you have really out done yourself this time. So ALL Asians are hard working grafters are they? Hahahaha ... was Abu Hamza a hard working grafter :huh: In fact Asian people are more likely to claim JSA and other benefits in the UK than other races.

So capitalism causes the poverty in India, are you for real? What a stupid comment! Your simplistic view shows you have less then a childs understanding of the economics of India.

The real reasons for poverty in India is its rapid rise in population, its low agricultural productivity, a very low rate of economic development, world commodity prises, a shortage in capital and unemployment. All of which create the situation in India that results in large scale poverty but you would know that if you took any time to understand India.

I know they dont ALL vote Labour, but Asian areas, particulary in Sheffield, all return Labour MP's/councillors, or mostly do anyway.

Clearly many Asian families own/run shops and businesses of various kinds, so therefore I find it strange they vote for Labour, a party that is quite hostile to entrepreneurialism with all the red tape, high business rates and rents etc. Also the Asian community in general are socially quite conservative, putting them at odds with Labours more "progressive" stance on social issues.

The areas in Sheffield that have large Asian communities ought to be safe Tory seats.

From recollection don't Asians out-perform British people at school, so maybe the cleverer people vote Labour.

Archived