No double glazing how to keep the cold out

I have just moved into a house that has no double glazing and I'm wondering what I can do to keep the cold out without having to buy double glazing as I can't afford it yet, I have heard of the black bin liner tip but choose not to try that!

This time next year, you will be able to :D

Only alternative to some answers ^^

Is wear a warm fleece in the house , but i can see where your coming from

i was raised in a ex mining area and there was no Dble Gaazing windows in the 60s / 70s etc

all was single glazed

we'd have towels along the window sills to try dry up all the condensation

in the winter, we had puddles inside ..and often turned to ice when at our coldest

No wonder when at School we wanted to stay in bed :)

and them days were sais to be in the good old days :D

apart from the above meantioned along with loft insulation then wear warm clothes

and think of Scotland brrrr :hihi:

Only alternative to some answers ^^

Is wear a warm fleece in the house , but i can see where your coming from

i was raised in a ex mining area and there was no Dble Gaazing windows in the 60s / 70s etc

all was single glazed

we'd have towels along the window sills to try dry up all the condensation

in the winter, we had puddles inside ..and often turned to ice when at our coldest

No wonder when at School we wanted to stay in bed :)

and them days were sais to be in the good old days :D

apart from the above meantioned along with loft insulation then wear warm clothes

and think of Scotland brrrr :hihi:

You were lucky-during the war my nanan lost her windows and had zero-glazing.They used sheets of ice ,taken from puddles to keep out the draughts.

Are there any drafts around the windows. If so seal them up. Like others said get some heavy curtains and consider this stuff as well.

http://reviews.wickes.co.uk/9987-en_gb/210014/reviews.htm

I have just been to the new wickes behind crystal peaks and bought some draft excluding foam roll, but when I opened the window to put it in the frame I noticed bad wood rot so I closed the window and put it in the edges on the inside between the frame and the window edge, not how you supposed to do it buit didn't want to chance it with thaat wood rot

Archived