Over a quarter of Tory politicians are landlords!

Well i'm all for farmers feeling the pinch so at least some good comes of it.

Farmers are good, we need them now more than ever.

It's the parasitic landonwers claiming the subsidy and producing **** all that we need to get rid off.

We ban people from growing food and subsidise a minority to not grow food. Food price rises are coming, shortages are coming.

Many will kill for food. We are but a few meals away from civil war.

At the expense of everyone else.

We need to radically alter planning so that people are free to build their own homes. We need to stop forcing people into the PRS at their expense to the advantage of parasites.

Competition is what is needed. Then only the good landlords would be able to survive and prosper, by providing a good service to willing customers.

You are deluded. Seriously. Even with your parasitical landlord comments. There is no reason at all why people cannot build their own homes if they want to. There is *plenty* of competition in the rental markets. I fear you are so blind by whatever the hell that chip on your shoulder is about that you simply cannot see this.

Farmers are good, we need them now more than ever.

It's the parasitic landonwers claiming the subsidy and producing **** all that we need to get rid off.

We ban people from growing food and subsidise a minority to not grow food. Food price rises are coming, shortages are coming.

Many will kill for food. We are but a few meals away from civil war.

I wouldnt wish for that civil war if I were you. The first thing that'll be done is you get put up against the wall and shot just to shut you up.

Could you at least try and detail your concerns coherently without your usual ranting? It'd make it somewhat easier to figure out what your problem actually is if you tried. Assuming it's possible to figure it out that is...

If you bought an did up a property with your own cash without any leverage, it wouldn't be as bad. A least with any ex council properties, the council should be doing this themselves. 8% of RTB properties are now in the hands of private landlords and this number is rising.

If buy to let was illegal, house prices would be reduced and people could buy and do up their own houses instead of being forced to rent.

Landlords are parasites. If you really wanted to use your money and make a fair profit out of providing housing, you would build to let.

So because i run a property rental business that makes me a parasite. ? there is a market for the business i run ,IE student accommodation , and i provide properties for that market. What is so wrong and immoral with that . ?

Students arnt in the market to buy a property ,they want reasonably priced digs when they are at Uni, which is what i ,and other landlords provide.

. . . . We need to radically alter planning so that people are free to build their own homes. . . .
People are free to build their own homes, right now, as long as they follow a few sensible and necessary rules. Where's the problem in that?

. . . . . We ban people from growing food
How are we banned from growing food? If I plant turnips in my garden, am I breaking the law?

Same old cut and paste rubbish from someone with a chip on their shoulder vis a vis housing.

Mind you if conservatives have their way no social housing will be given to under 25s and no child allowance on extra children therefore less of a burden on the housing system.

Flippin heck Chemist, what will you post about?

If you bought an did up a property with your own cash without any leverage, it wouldn't be as bad. A least with any ex council properties, the council should be doing this themselves. 8% of RTB properties are now in the hands of private landlords and this number is rising.

Because those who you might hope would spend tzheir money on RTB prefer (or perhaps need) to keep the excess to boost their own standard of living?

If buy to let was illegal, house prices would be reduced and people could buy and do up their own houses instead of being forced to rent.

That's easy enough to say - but given that so few people are interested in RTB, what makes you think that anybody would be interested in BTL if the return was so abysmal? (Or even negative)

Landlords are parasites. If you really wanted to use your money and make a fair profit out of providing housing, you would build to let.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. 'Tone said he has a small rental portfolio. I gather he owns one or more properties which he rents out to people who want to rent properties, but are not prepared to enter into a RTB agreement and can't afford (or don't want) a fully-fledged mortgage. If people like him were not prepared to provide housing, where would it come from? - The council hasn't got the money to build or buy up sufficient housing.

You (and many others) keep rattling on about 'affordable housing' but nobody seems to be ready to quantify that.

Consider a family with 2 children (one male, one female.) How many bedrooms do they need? What is an acceptable size (Sq ft or Sq meterrs) for each bedroom? [remember, the kids will have to do homework in their bedrooms, won't they?) How many other rooms will the house need? - At least one full bathroom (preferably with a downstairs bog) a kitchen/ diner, a living room, a laundry room and some storage area.

How many square feet overall? (I suggest that 1800 Sq ft [tiny, by what I'm used to] is hardly excessive for a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers.]

How much does such a mansion cost to build? (We can sort out the land later.) Are the builders expected to work for minimum wage? Is the 'build' going to be 'minimum standard' or are we talking about energy-efficient?

Could we have some real (costed) figures. please, Chem1st?

Archived