Over a quarter of Tory politicians are landlords!

Land monopoly, land subsidy and planning aside. We have a dysfunctional housing market.

An analogy would be musical chairs, there just isn't enough chairs to go round. . . . . .

You are, on this occasion, correct.

Too many people in a small country for the available housing. Tell me, how is that the fault of landlords?

If it wasn't such a nightmare to build your own house I'm sure most people would do it.

but it is without a doubt the hardest way to obtain property so most don't even consider it.

Too much hassle mate going down the building route. Firstly finding a building plot at the right price is a nightmare. Thats before you even get involved with the obstructive nightmare that is the planners , who go out of their way to make it as difficult as possible to build . Its just not worth the hassle. Buy houses cheap at auction , renovate them and rent them out. Works for me.

Too much hassle mate going down the building route. Firstly finding a building plot at the right price is a nightmare. Thats before you even get involved with the obstructive nightmare that is the planners , who go out of their way to make it as difficult as possible to build . Its just not worth the hassle. Buy houses cheap at auction , renovate them and rent them out. Works for me.

Good evening Desmundo.

Archived