Does anyone agree with taking money off the poor to give to the rich?

Seriously? I've been abroad for a while but worked out a verbose troll on the few posts i've seen from it since returning.

He could be a verbose <insert word of your choice>. And just an accidental troll.

Regardless. Nice to see you back. Been anywhere nice?

He could be a verbose <insert word of your choice>. And just an accidental troll.

Regardless. Nice to see you back. Been anywhere nice?

Just France on a contract, nothing exotic sadly. He may be a misunderstood soul, however I call him/it as a trolling oxygen thief, but that's me being Mr Intollerant all over again. Nice to see you again Sibon.

I think the OP is campaigning for even distribution of wealth.

I don't agree with that.

I'm happy to pay more tax than people who are less well off. Which is just as well, because that's what I do.

I'm happy for these taxes that are taken from me, to go towards helping those who are less fortunate and need benefits to have a reasonable standard of living.

I'm not so happy to have taxes taken off me to support people who are scrounging on the state.

I don't dislike someone because they have money and have done well for themselves. I'm more likely to admire and respect them.

I don't look down on people who don't have money and haven't done so well for themelves, providing they are decent folks with good moral values.

There will always be rich and poor in society.

I think the title of the thread is ludicrous because no-one is taking money off the poor to give to the rich. They are trying to stop squandering money at the bottom end of the scale on those that don't deserve it and they are trying to ease up a bit on those at the other end of the scale to give them greater incentive to invest their time and money here and make it a better place for all of us.

A concept not very well understood by those who think everyone should be the same.

......but the coffers were being replensihed as the economy GREW!!!

Now the economy is shrinking and we seem about to enter our first triple-dip

recession. Well Done Dave, Gideon and Lapdog.

A growing economy doesn’t equal an increase in taxation and reduced government or personal debts. When the public sector spends money, the economy grows as does the debt. Labour demonstrated how easy it is to make an economy grow; the difficulty is making it grow without increasing personal and public debts.

I think the title of the thread is ludicrous because no-one is taking money off the poor to give to the rich. They are trying to stop squandering money at the bottom end of the scale on those that don't deserve it and they are trying to ease up a bit on those at the other end of the scale to give them greater incentive to invest their time and money here and make it a better place for all of us.

A concept not very well understood by those who think everyone should be the same.

How can a title that is accurate be considered misleading?

THe facts are that the Government is trying to bridge a deficit, it has chosen to do this by taking money from the poorest in welfare cuts, whilst giving more back to the richest via reduced taxation.

People may not like it being stated in this manner, but they cannot question the accuracy of it.

Archived