Does anyone agree with taking money off the poor to give to the rich?

I might have spent some time working in Leeds recently, but I don't live in this country any more. Tax reasons you see - get out before the last lot manage to get back in you see.

Interesting, so did you make more money during the last administration than this or the previous Tory one?

Interesting, so did you make more money during the last administration than this or the previous Tory one?

It is an interesting point. No doubt a lot of Tory supporters have benefited from the credit boom. Many of them will have built businesses off the back of it. Many of them will have participated in the debt frenzy. Now it's all gone wrong the key beneficiaries want everybody else to pay.

How can a title that is accurate be considered misleading?

THe facts are that the Government is trying to bridge a deficit, it has chosen to do this by taking money from the poorest in welfare cuts, whilst giving more back to the richest via reduced taxation.

People may not like it being stated in this manner, but they cannot question the accuracy of it.

The it should say,

Does anyone agree with taking less from the rich and giving less to the poor?

Hardly that's where I said I was from. Originally I come from fairly close to Sheffield.

I might have spent some time working in Leeds recently, but I don't live in this country any more. Tax reasons you see - get out before the last lot manage to get back in you see. That and the fact they were money grubbing thieves whilst they were in probably had something to do with it..

Of course now that the income tax rates are coming down I might move my capital back here and pay tax here again. But then again I might not.

Income tax does not apply to capital?

Hardly that's where I said I was from. Originally I come from fairly close to Sheffield.

I might have spent some time working in Leeds recently, but I don't live in this country any more. Tax reasons you see - get out before the last lot manage to get back in you see. That and the fact they were money grubbing thieves whilst they were in probably had something to do with it..

Of course now that the income tax rates are coming down I might move my capital back here and pay tax here again. But then again I might not.

:confused:

:huh:

:hihi:

I always understood people paid tax on their income now, not on income they might have had 10 years ago.

Income tax does not apply to capital?

Have you never heard of interest on bank accounts and building society accounts then.

I always understood people paid tax on their income now, not on income they might have had 10 years ago.

Have you never heard of interest on bank accounts and building society accounts then.

There are HMRC rules on this. For self-assessment they can claw back tax for approx 3 years after just as a normal operational process. I'm sure they could go back even further if needed.

Yes but that assumes the capital is deposited,and in a liquid form.Your sarcasm is a little corrosive

A lot of capital is fixed as with buildings etc.I cant see you getting a 12 storey office block in the Nationwide.

THe facts are that the Government is trying to bridge a deficit, it has chosen to do this by taking money from the poorest in welfare cuts, whilst giving more back to the richest via reduced taxation.
Reducing taxation rates has been proven (many a time) to increase tax revenue.

Have a read (simple explanation). Basically, the economist's take on the famous mantra that "too much tax kills tax" (Adam Smith, reprising Jean-Baptiste Say's "trop d'impôt tue l'impôt"), based on the common-sense principle of ever-dimishing returns.

Most of course will choose to see it as a centre-of-right Gvt "chumming up to the the rich", and keep the matter to a sterile political debate (yawn!)

When there is a mountain of evidence that such a measure can favour economical growth.

You can't blame the Gvt for trying this one on (amongst the others), when their core economical agenda for overcoming the budgetary deficit is to drive up entrepreneurship. At the same time, nothing at the macro-economical level happens overnight, so you'd have to give the measure at least a bit of while to see if it works. Unless of course you prefer political posturing and puerile point-scoring...each to their own, it's a free country after all ;)

You are presuming that I made it in this country though... which isn't the case. You question therefore has no real meaning, although I can understand the reason you asked it.

However, the period of time I made the most money would be from early 2011 to the present.

Archived