All of you have finished getting wood burners for the coming winter?

• 1 month later...
I ployed with the idea, but with the cost of chimney work and the fire, then getting the fuel it just wasn't cost effective.

But if its not for economical reasons then go for it, you can get these fans which dont need power and sit above the stove and convect the heat into the room.

The fan seems like a great idea but what happens to the Carbon monoxide which normally exits through the chimney, or have I got it all wrong again as usuall

I'd love a multi-fuel stove, but I don't even have a chimney. Does anybody have any experience of a stove with a stove pipe, (which I presume goes right through the house)?

I'd thought of boxing it in later witha false chimney breast. Again, anyone got any ideas about that?

I had an open fire taken out and a mulit-fuel Morso stove put in bout 4 yrs ago. Cost about £2300 inc liner, stove, opening up the fireplace, hearth etc. Best move I ever made, much more efficient than an open fire, and much cleaner.

Check ebay for secondhand stoves, liners etc bought mine with boiler for £180 delivered from Exeter, fitted and plumbed in using info from the net myself ,not a job for the faint hearted thou.Lost count of total cost but had to do building work, plumbing and redecorating etc,but less than £500 worth the effort local builders and woodland provide the fuel free topped up with smokeless from Wesley Nicholes penistone road s6.

Check ebay for secondhand stoves, liners etc bought mine with boiler for £180 delivered from Exeter, fitted and plumbed in using info from the net myself ,not a job for the faint hearted thou.Lost count of total cost but had to do building work, plumbing and redecorating etc,but less than £500 worth the effort local builders and woodland provide the fuel free topped up with smokeless from Wesley Nicholes penistone road s6.

Who signed it off?

All wood burning/multifuel stoves have to been signed off by a Hetas registered engineer.

If the work isn't done by someone Hetas registered....then all building regulations should be complied with ....inspected and approved by the council.

This not a DIY job!

Archived