Goalkeeper available for Sundays

aic13

Hi all,

I'm a student here and I'm looking for a Sunday League team to play for this season.

I'm available almost every Sunday but i work as a sports journalist back in the North East any time Sunderland play which occassionally (but not that often since no one really wants to put them on TV) means i can't make a Sunday.

I've not played for a couple of years at 11-a-side but i used to be decent enough; School and a few clubs including Wallsend Boys Club (if that means anything to you) and i started playing in goal for adult sides when i was 14 so i've got a fair bit of experience.

Let me know if anyone has a gap.

Cheers, Adam.

Hi Adam

I know its not what you stated in your post, but we play in a Saturday morning league and our keeper has just left Sheffield, so we're in need of a GK.

KO's are 10:30am Saturdays. Most of us go back to the pub for a few in the afternoon but if you can't, you'll be away by 12.30-1pm anyway.

We're pretty much a 50/50 split between local lads and students and our manager is a Mackem too, so you'll be able to share the abuse evenly!

Let me know if youre interested.

Jon

Hi Jon.

It's not ideal obviously as most of the matches i cover are on saturdays. However, if i can help you out short term initially, say if you're struggling for someone this saturday and it's the international break then i can do, no problem.

Let me know, maybe we can have a chat about it.

Number's 07810644559.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I play for a Sunday team based in Dronfield (just south of Sheffield), we are looking for a new keeper, half of our players live in Sheffield so its not that far to travel and I'm sure someone would be able to give you a lift if required.

We train on Tuesdays at 8pm in Dronfield if you are interested in joining our ranks.

Cheers,

Mike

Archived