Ladies aged 45 - 50

I am in this age group and did used to get tired easily but was diagnosed with under active thyroid which was causing the tiredness since being on tablets I feel much better and dont need a nap. I never really liked napping in the afternoon as in some ways I think it makes you feel worse.

I put that age range to see if any menopausal replied. so if youre 45-55 lets say, and menopausal , do you find you are more tired an need to nap during the day?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Ahh- I can't count in any menopause statistics then I'm afraid. Mine was artificially young and sudden, aged 32, when my ovaries were removed as part of treatment for a tumour.

I felt like I'd been hit by a bus but that could have been due to all sorts of things, including having cancer.

I am 46 and sometimes would love an afternoon nap but am either still at work or busy being a parent to two primary aged children. Everyone is different and we all need different amounts of sleep at various stages of life.

What about other menopausal symptoms? what symptoms do you have? Do they actually exist?

Ooooh yes- I had plenty of those.

For almost a decade I didn't possess any jumpers or coats because they were pointless with the hot flushes I had, but my heating bill was non-existent because the heating was only put on for visitors.

I had a ceiling fan installed over the bed so I could keep cool enough to sleep, and it was used even in winter, along with keeping the window open and using a 3 tog quilt. Now it's just used in summer.

The constant flustered feeling and inability to concentrate were bad enough, but when the forgetting words in the middle of the sentence thing started to happen that drove me up the wall for years.

These days, a whole decade on, I can wear a coat when it's cold but as soon as I start doing anything that counts as aerobic exercise, like moving about whilst wearing the coat, I have to take it off again or sweat like a boil in the bag human.

It's all fun :(

.... and when and where do you nap?

Are you hoping to catch people napping?:D

People often nap for other reasons in my case to keep myself out of the kitchen also I tend not to eat when I'm upstairs, maybe a throwback to when I lived at home

Archived