Lost Graduation uni certificate -HELP

Guest brownd95

Guest brownd95

Hi everyone,

My relative has lost his university certificate and needs a repalcement to be able to apply for jobs. He studied in a uk university but now has moved to china.

He contacted the university in the uk. it cost £30 they said for a replacement. he paid the money and then they said he needs to provide a solicitors letter to provide an oath that he swears he has lost the certificate and to prove he is who he is.

Is it possible for me to get him a letter from a UK solicitor on behalf of him as he is 1000's of miles away??? ANY SOLICITORS OUT THERE??

Thanks,

brownd95

We do oaths a lot, but I can't think that I've ever done one without the person present. It'd need quite a bit of ID, and ideally video conferencing I'd suspect.

I'd suggest if you're in Sheffield that you visit any of the major local firms to get it sorted. Swears don't cost a lot.

Does your relative have a British Passport?

They should be able to use a Notary Service at a British Consulate to swear an affadavit and notarise a copy of his passport.

If they are a foreign national, if may still be possible if they can show that it is a UK University needing the documents.

Just get a replacement certificate from the internet.

If a company in question wants to check your friend went to that uni, they can phone enrollment and records.

Use your brain boys!

Im pretty sure you can just get replacement certificates off the internet and if they did ring to check if he was a student under the data protection act they wouldnt be able confirm that either.

Im pretty sure you can just get replacement certificates off the internet and if they did ring to check if he was a student under the data protection act they wouldnt be able confirm that either.

If he gives consent they can. Either way he can get away with a replacement, aslong as he does not lie about grades etc. Its perfectly valid.

Archived