The mentality to abuse children.

Years ago in England the State would take an unstable..retarded child from the family as they thought it wasn't good for the rest of the children in the family, I read a lovely story of two year old little Margie taken away and put into a home, the father could not handle it, he visited little Margie 3-4 times a week in the home , the staff eventually told him not to visit her again as she was I uncontrolable after he left each time....he came up with the idea to dress up as a clown so he could see her but of course she didn't recognize him, after a while his co workers all joined in , dressed up as clowns and entertained all the children in the home.

No Strix you've made valid points; although the help is supposed to be out there very often it isn't. I would never excuse any form of child abuse, but there are varying reasons as to why it happens, ranging from mental disorders to complete meltdowns to pure evilness. None of these are excusable, and all are horrific, but if:

a) the potential abusers ask for help, that is their responsibility first and foremost, and

b) the help is there

then many cases might not happen.

No Strix you've made valid points; although the help is supposed to be out there very often it isn't. I would never excuse any form of child abuse, but there are varying reasons as to why it happens, ranging from mental disorders to complete meltdowns to pure evilness. None of these are excusable, and all are horrific, but if:

a) the potential abusers ask for help, that is their responsibility first and foremost, and

b) the help is there

then many cases might not happen.

There is little that can be done about pure evil, but having had first hand experience (twice) of the bullying and boxticking that goes on from the 'services' that are supposed to be a safety net, I'm afraid I'm VERY cynical wrt this topic

With my second son I never had a full nights sleep until he went to school. I used to be rocking him to sleep,and whilst his eyes were wide open, I was falling asleep. Your patience is at breaking point, but theres a line you never cross, which abusers do. Thats the difference.

...and there are plenty on here who advocate child psychological and physical abuse as a means of disciplne

What annoys me with the people that inflict real harm on children, is the "they came from a broken home", I hate that excuse. My parents broke up when I was 6; okay mum remarried (great bloke BTW), but I never wanted to beat the living daylights out of my son.

The fact of the matter is that some people are just plain sick, and get their gratification through making & watching others suffer.

Archived