Credlands Varnish Manufacturers

kayt

Credlands Varnish Manufacturers in Sheffied in the late 1800's early 1900's. Does anyone know about them? I am researching my family tree and they appear on census as in the varnish business. Thanks for any help. KayT

Credlands Varnish Manufacturers in Sheffied in the late 1800's early 1900's. Does anyone know about them? I am researching my family tree and they appear on census as in the varnish business. Thanks for any help. KayT

The only thing I can tell you is that there used to be a Credlands at the west bar end of Queens Street in the late 50s early 60s , I was a apprentice painter & decorator in the early 60s and the firm I worked for, (Ackroyd & Abbott), used to buy their paint from them. I think they also had a shop on Holme Lane at Hillsborough

• 2 months later...

Hello my great grandfather on my fathers side was Charles Credland. He was a paint manufacturer. My Grandfather was the youngest of Charles' children (11) he was called Leslie.

paint shops called Credland existed in Sheffield and Shrewsbury until roughly the 1980's

we would be interested to hear what you have discovered.

Archived