Student discounts? what about Forces discounts!

Have you ever heard of the word priority, well get yours right! The professions you mentioned come before students on the discount list. As for being in debt, if they stayed out of the boozers getting hammered 7 nights a week they wouldn't be in debt. GET A GRIP.:loopy::suspect:

Student discounts are not acts of kindness or charity, they are purely to drive customers to their shops.

Most of the time you can get the same discounts from websites like vouchercould - there are phone apps that you can use to check for discounts while you are in the stores.

Forces do get discount on nearly everything we use : public transport, chemists, shopping places ec.. tha other working people don't get... the point of targeting students for discounts I think is that many would use credit cards/overdrafts and still spend when they don't have money... Market unfortunately

Have you ever heard of the word priority, well get yours right! The professions you mentioned come before students on the discount list. As for being in debt, if they stayed out of the boozers getting hammered 7 nights a week they wouldn't be in debt. GET A GRIP.:loopy::suspect:

I've never been to university (left school at 15), but I don't resent students. I accept some behave like spoilt kids, but the majority don't. Sheffield benefits hugely by having two universities, and I imagine takings in a lot of businesses went up recently as the new students arrived.

The people in the professions mentioned above are on decent salaries. Discounts are usually offered to people who are less likely to have much money. Once the students qualify, I'd imagine some will join those professions, and I'm sure they won't expect discounts if they do. ;)

Lets be honest, young people in general go out and get hammered. Why pick on students?

I get (ordinarily) :

An OAP's discount

A retired military discount

A left-handed person's discount (I kid you not! - I asked for one and I got one:hihi::hihi:)

And if none of those work, I'm inventive.

I never pay full price.

'Hear all, see all, say nowt.

Eat all, drink all, pay the minimum you can get away with.'

Typical sour grapes/projection/'aren't our boys and girls wonderful' tiresomeness, with added disregard to the facts.

Hurrah!

(particularly amusing that the OP bangs on about students boozing - has he never come across a bunch of squaddies on a night out I wonder?)

Typical sour grapes/projection/'aren't our boys and girls wonderful' tiresomeness, with added disregard to the facts.

Hurrah!

(particularly amusing that the OP bangs on about students boozing - has he never come across a bunch of squaddies on a night out I wonder?)

yeah! they risk there lives, they deserve a good night out they don't whing around crying poverty and get hammered 7 nights a week, it's not sour grapes, I have respect for our forces, and so should you.:suspect:

I've never been to university (left school at 15), but I don't resent students. I accept some behave like spoilt kids, but the majority don't. Sheffield benefits hugely by having two universities, and I imagine takings in a lot of businesses went up recently as the new students arrived.

The people in the professions mentioned above are on decent salaries. Discounts are usually offered to people who are less likely to have much money. Once the students qualify, I'd imagine some will join those professions, and I'm sure they won't expect discounts if they do. ;)

Lets be honest, young people in general go out and get hammered. Why pick on students?

I agree with you young people do go out and get hammered, but the student fraternity are always crying poverty and a lot of people have sympathy but the students are just laughing at people.

Archived