Student discounts? what about Forces discounts!

If you are in the Military take your FREE issue weapon and politely negotiate!

Comet will very often do it,a good saving can often be obtained if you are prepared to take the one on the shelf.I did on a hi fi unit,I was told it would not have the box but all warranties,instructions were there and would still apply.

When I went to pay I was asked if I wanted 12 months interest free as well.I thought why not and then refused to take the extra warranty con.

PS I did not have a weapon.

I agree with you young people do go out and get hammered, but the student fraternity are always crying poverty and a lot of people have sympathy but the students are just laughing at people.

You really do seem to have a large chip on your shoulder about students dont you? Leave them be, surely you were young and had fun once?

yeah! they risk there lives, they deserve a good night out they don't whing around crying poverty and get hammered 7 nights a week, it's not sour grapes, I have respect for our forces, and so should you.:suspect:

I think people do have respect for the forces. It's just you that they don't because of your ignorant rants.

Do you actually know any students? I do and they don't "plead poverty or get hammered 7 nights a week", they actually work part time to make ends meet and do it without whinging.

What's wrong? Jealous because you didn't have the brains to do anything educational after you left school?

A student discount will be purely a commercial decision by the business offering it.

As for discounts for the armed forces, if you feel so strongly about it, why don't you contact the company's that don't offer discounts to the armed forces but do to students and ask them why.

Have you ever heard of the word priority, well get yours right! The professions you mentioned come before students on the discount list. As for being in debt, if they stayed out of the boozers getting hammered 7 nights a week they wouldn't be in debt. GET A GRIP.:loopy::suspect:

You quote a gross stereotype that isn't representative of reality and you're asking others to get a grip ;)

The irony!

Student discounts? what as these little spoilt ungrateful kids ever done to deserve any type of discount, what about our Service people getting a discount, showing them a big thankyou for what they do for this country, Stundent Discount, HOW DARE YOU!

I'll let my two kids, who worked all the way through their degrees, know just how much you hold them in regard...you need a chip fot the other shoulder I think.....to add..2 of my son's friends at uni are now in the Forces..sort that one out..

Because forces get a full salary and students don't.

You shouldn't expect discount just because you do a respectful job, nurses, fireman, policemen, doctors, social workers, if they all got discounts there'd be chaos.

If companies want to offer discounts to students then that's their choice, it's part of their business plan.

And who are you to suggest they're spoilt and haven't done anything to deserve it? You're an ignorant little fool.

Nice to see the student tolerance and arrogance alive and kicking so early into the term. May be we should be doffing our caps to you in Broomhill Hans? Sorry, Super Hans.

Nice to see the student tolerance and arrogance alive and kicking so early into the term. May be we should be doffing our caps to you in Broomhill Hans? Sorry, Super Hans.

I don't see any arrogance in the post you've quoted..do you want to point it out?

I think people do have respect for the forces. It's just you that they don't because of your ignorant rants. Do you actually know any students? I do and they don't "plead poverty or get hammered 7 nights a week", they actually work part time to make ends meet and do it without whinging.

What's wrong? Jealous because you didn't have the brains to do anything educational after you left school?

Never a truer word said :thumbsup:

Archived