Student discounts? what about Forces discounts!

You really do seem to have a large chip on your shoulder about students dont you? Leave them be, surely you were young and had fun once?

Young maybe, not convinced about the "fun" bit though.:hihi:

The chip has probably a lot to do with a lack of intelligence through poor education, or just unable to seize past opportunities offered.

Typical sour grapes/projection/'aren't our boys and girls wonderful' tiresomeness, with added disregard to the facts.

Hurrah!

(particularly amusing that the OP bangs on about students boozing - has he never come across a bunch of squaddies on a night out I wonder?)

As you will never have the mettle required to compare yourself with your betters in uniformed service – those who protect your freedom to spout left wing drivel - you really ought not to criticise them.

As you will never have the mettle required to compare yourself with your betters in uniformed service – those who protect your freedom to spout left wing drivel - you really ought not to criticise them.

Where did he criticise any of the Forces?

Where did he criticise any of the Forces?
It's not exactly cunningly hidden in his post:

“aren't our boys and girls wonderful' tiresomeness”

“bangs on about students boozing - has he never come across a bunch of squaddies on a night out”

“bangs on about students boozing - has he never come across a bunch of squaddies on a night out”

To be honest conrod I don't see any criticism either...maybe criticism of the poster he's quoting but not of the forces..

I think you're reading more into that than is actually there. The quotes you've picked out are (IMHO) aimed at the OP.

To be honest conrod I don't see any criticism either...maybe criticism of the poster he's quoting but not of the forces..
I doubt anybody would call praising the armed services 'tiresomeness' if they shared the praise.

I doubt anybody would call praising the armed services 'tiresomeness' if they shared the praise.

But put the "tiresomeness" in context :-

Typical sour grapes/projection/'aren't our boys and girls wonderful' tiresomeness, with added disregard to the facts.

Lets just split that sentance up into components:

- Typical

- sour grapes/projection/'aren't our boys and girls wonderful'

- tiresomeness

- with added disregard to the facts.

He was calling the whole viewpoint tiresome, not the armed forces, or praise of them, tiresome.

I think you're reading a lot more into this than exists based on your previous dislike of Halibut.

Student discounts? what as these little spoilt ungrateful kids ever done to deserve any type of discount, what about our Service people getting a discount, showing them a big thankyou for what they do for this country, Stundent Discount, HOW DARE YOU!

please tell me how you came to the conclusion that students are spoilt?

let me tell you, im working 3 jobs in my final year of uni and by next April i will be £20,000 in debt to "better" myself, so when i see a foolish comment like this it really gets me angry.

But put the "tiresomeness" in context :-

Lets just split that sentance up into components:

- Typical

- sour grapes/projection/'aren't our boys and girls wonderful'

- tiresomeness

- with added disregard to the facts.

He was calling the whole viewpoint tiresome, not the armed forces, or praise of them, tiresome.

I think you're reading a lot more into this than exists based on your previous dislike of Halibut.

Easily done that though. :hihi:

Archived