Should a Prime Minister know the state of the economy?

The previous two didn’t know much about the economy, so maybe not.:)

Not so sure about that, I'm sure they knew the state of the economy but decided on a course of action they thought best.

This one doesn't to know the position to be able to formulate a plan.

Scary,very scary!

But surely this information is in the Public Accounts, surely each department was given a figure to spend and this was balanced out against the revenue receipts.

If it isn't then it is very scary as it would seem those looking after the countrys finances have no idea what's going on.

The public accounts are not the same as the economy though.

The ConDem record so far is a list of fails, u-turns and blaming others, to any normal person this would point out their flawed policies and crazy ideologies.

I'm sure Mr. Cameron would be in full possession of the facts and figures, lying and cheating is what these people do best and Mr Cameron's speech was a prime example of this.

Spot-on, these are the words of a desperate man who knows his goose will be cooked in a couple of years.

I would suggest it is a good starting position for Mr Cameron to look at though!

That's as foolish as saying that for someone going motor racing all they need to do is look at the costs of buying the car and how long it took to install and deliver all the parts.

One of the strangest things I heard from the Prime Minister yesterday was this comment:

“Now I know you are asking whether the plan is working. And here’s the truth, the damage was worse than we thought”

I heard this before from Nick Clegg when he got into power and had to justify some of his policy changes, and without being political could anyone explain to me why the PM didn’t know the true state of the economy.

I thought all Public Accounts were available on the Internet and there are people on here (some who I disagree with) who seem totally clued up on the economy.

So what was it that he didn’t know and how could this happen?

Or is he just lying?

They cerainly knew the situation when they got into power. It wasn't a great situation.

Some people would argue they have over-estimated their ability to get us out of the mess.

Other people might argue that Osborne is some kind of genius, who has deliberately stalled recovery to ensure that economic upswing coincides with the run-in to the next election.

Some might argue that the Tories are just plain economically incompetent, just like the governments before them.

T

Other people might argue that Osborne is some kind of genius, .

Hahahahahahah:D

The only people who might argue that are disqualified from voting anyway.

Has there ever been a less intelligent Chancellor?

Archived