Speeding fine Renishaw

Today my partner received a notice of intended prosecution from Derbyshire Constabulary for doing 39 in a 30MPH :(. We were driving through Renishaw towards M1 on Saturday 6th Oct. It appears to have been a mobile camera that got us, as we seemed to be following at a similar pace to the traffic in front just interested to see if anyone else has received the same letter today? By the way I'm not trying to excuse or justify speeding in any way!!

I drive through Renishaw on the way to the M1 regulary and I have seen the police speed camera vans there on numerous occasions. They are usually pretty conspicuous though - it makes me wonder how much attention people actually pay to their surroundings on the road, if they can speed past a camera van without noticing it.

I drive through Renishaw on the way to the M1 regulary and I have seen the police speed camera vans there on numerous occasions. They are usually pretty conspicuous though - it makes me wonder how much attention people actually pay to their surroundings on the road, if they can speed past a camera van without noticing it.

come on i take it ,you have never got caught speeding ?

The one I usually see out there looks like a camper van at a distance - even has a spare wheel on the back door. I have thought in the past that you wouldn't realise until it was too late that it was a mobile speed van, usually parked at the bottom of the drag downhill from the M1.

We usually pay plenty of attention to surroundings thank you but we are only human! Like I said, just wondered out of interest if anyone else had got caught that afternoon. Not looking for excuses or trying to blame anyone (other than my partner who was driving lol) just interested!!!

The one I usually see out there looks like a camper van at a distance - even has a spare wheel on the back door. I have thought in the past that you wouldn't realise until it was too late that it was a mobile speed van, usually parked at the bottom of the drag downhill from the M1.

"parked at the bottom of the hill" :mad:

they're often situated in places like that, and where it drops from National Limit to 30 or 40.

It's too easy. :(

Archived