Speeding fine Renishaw

so you have never drove over the 30mph limit--70mph limit ,:o:o

The thing is, if you are speeding and driving so inattentively that you fail to notice a speed trap, you are a bit of a menace to other road users.

Something I’m not sure of when I see the speed vans. Do they always use the rear window, or do they sometimes use the front windscreen? Do they ever use both at the same time? Do they always aim at the front of vehicles coming towards them, or do they sometimes aim at the rear of vehicles who have already passed them?

I remember an item on Look North (probably over a year ago), where they were talking about a new camera (being used in North Yorks IIRC), which was able to speed check a vehicle a long way away, ie long before the motorist sees them. The problem with the item, though, was that they showed it filming a motorcycle coming towards them from a long way off – not a lot of use as there’s no number plate on the front.

it's been like like for years in eckington there a camera one every 100 yards there twice iv'e been opped for the one day there was a fixed camera and round a bend there was a police man on a bike. talking about speeed camera's has anyone counted the camera's on the M1 there there are there evey100yrs distance measuring how far you travelled in a set distance

Yes, I've never met a driver who didn't speed sometimes. But I know several who've never been caught.

And I'm one of them. Never had so much as a parking ticket, despite 25 years of driving, including almost a decade as a rep doing 50,000 business miles a year.

Archived