Speeding fine Renishaw

Every hundred YEARS, well we should all be safe till 2112 then.

Angel.

Every hundred YEARS, well we should all be safe till 2112 then.

Angel.

It wasn't funny the first time.

So on topic, I thought "safety" vans had to be clearly marked and not stelthed or hidden behind trees etc.

• 3 months later...
It wasn't funny the first time.

So on topic, I thought "safety" vans had to be clearly marked and not stelthed or hidden behind trees etc.

Its a common practice to find them hidden behind another vehicle or behind a skip or tree ,and you only know there is a hidden trap thanks to other drivers coming the other way flashing motorists to warn them to slow down.

We all know the priority of these speed traps is to make money ,to raise revenue ,so if they are parked out in the open they have less chance of catching people unawares ,so it effects they profit margines for that days camera pointing. Where as if they hide the van out of view and where it can only be spotted by a driver when he is basically right next to it ,then the camera pointers increase there earning potential for the days work.

Its a common practice to find them hidden behind another vehicle or behind a skip or tree ,and you only know there is a hidden trap thanks to other drivers coming the other way flashing motorists to warn them to slow down.

We all know the priority of these speed traps is to make money ,to raise revenue ,so if they are parked out in the open they have less chance of catching people unawares ,so it effects they profit margines for that days camera pointing. Where as if they hide the van out of view and where it can only be spotted by a driver when he is basically right next to it ,then the camera pointers increase there earning potential for the days work.

OR, from another point of view...

If drivers expect to see a camera in time to slow down before getting caught, then they might choose to continue to drive at above the speed limit, with the expectation of being able to slow only if they see a camera. This clearly would do nothing to aid compliance with the speed limit.. However, if drivers believe that cameras may be hidden, then they might choose to drive within the speed limit, so as not to risk a fine. And those who do not modify their behaviour will soon find that they have received several “3 point” awards, which should concentrate their minds, or result in a period off the road.

Also, some drivers, on seeing a camera, may panic and brake excessively when it is not safe to do so. If they only see the camera as they are passing it, they are more likely to think that they have already been caught, if they are speeding, and realise that there is no need for excessive panic braking.

On the basis of the above, hidden cameras would be a safer and better at improving driver behaviour than would those out in the open. Surely this is a good thing? Also, by resulting in fewer people speeding, then “income” would go down, not up. A small price to pay for safer roads.

Easy to confuse a 40 zone for a 30 zone though sometimes. Buy a sat nav which tracks radar so it tells you where cameras are

It's not a good idea to rely on sat navs to give correct positions of cameras. I've owned my old sat nav for a few years but decided to buy a new one. Tested it on a route I do every weekand where iknow there is a camera. The old one picked it up everytime but my new one doesnt. Safest way go avoid fines and points is to stick to the limit as much as you can

It's not a good idea to rely on sat navs to give correct positions of cameras. I've owned my old sat nav for a few years but decided to buy a new one. Tested it on a route I do every weekand where iknow there is a camera. The old one picked it up everytime but my new one doesnt. Safest way go avoid fines and points is to stick to the limit as much as you can

Mine is only 6 mths old and it picks up static cameras every time ,but sometimes fails to pick up the scamera van sites.

Archived