Speeding fine Renishaw

No Sat-Nav will pick up mobile cameras. To do so it would have to actively detect such devices, which is illegal. You Sat-Nav is able to alert you of fixed cameras because it has their GPS locations stored within it.

My "Dashboard Doris" indicates locations where mobile cameras can usually be found....they are usually sited in roughly the same places whenver they are on a particular road...

The sites that I am aware of that are visited by camera vans all have speed camera warning signs as you approach. Does anyone know if these are compulsory at all sites, optional so they might or might not be there, or just randomly hit and miss?

I think the warning signs have to be there..but I stand to be corrected..

They do tend to site them where they cannot be seen from a long way off, such as in dips in the road, over blind crests and on slight bends.

off the top of my head - seen this month or so

Renishaw - entrance to old Hamer Godlad - >500 mtrs clear view level road

Park Hotel - Norton, slip road into hotel - >500mtrs clear view level road

Stoney Middleton - laybe near the old chip shop >500mtrs clear view level road

are you sure?

Mine is only 6 mths old and it picks up static cameras every time ,but sometimes fails to pick up the scamera van sites.

It was a static camera that my new sat nav failed to pick up that my old one did. A sat nav though won't tell you if there's a camera van though, mine usually just say 'safety camera zone' or something like that but not exact location. I still say not a good idea trusting sat navs on it

Archived