Speeding fine Renishaw

Yeah, right. Priceless.

They sit in offices all day every day,what true experience do they have? I would say very little that doesnt come out of books or bent stats produced for a specific reason.

You can go to collage for 20 years to learn how to be a joiner but that doesnt make you cut straight does it?

They sit in offices all day every day,what true experience do they have? I would say very little that doesnt come out of books or bent stats produced for a specific reason.

You can go to collage for 20 years to learn how to be a joiner but that doesnt make you cut straight does it?

They are not another species. They are as likely to have similar general experiences as anyone. On top of this they have access to research, an interest in the subject, and probably appropriate formal qualifications. Why would you assume that they are in some way not very good at their job? Could it be due to you disagreeing with their conclusions?

Their whole purpose is to reduce accidents. It would not be in their interest to promote something that doesn't work.

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 20:37 ----------

ROSPA are basically a Health and Safety obsessed charity are no more road safety experts than you or me. Just look at their website , they are a charity.

They are obsessed with safety. So what makes you think that means that they do not know what they are talking about?

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 20:40 ----------

They are not another species. They are as likely to have similar general experiences as anyone. On top of this they have access to research, an interest in the subject, and probably appropriate formal qualifications. Why would you assume that they are in some way not very good at their job? Could it be due to you disagreeing with their conclusions?

Their whole purpose is to reduce accidents. It would not be in their interest to promote something that doesn't work.

Archived