Blackpool attractions

Hi, Hubby and I are taking our 6 six year old grandaughter to Blackpool for a few days at half term and really struggling with what to book for entertainment wise :help:

The Pleasure Beach has loads of different packages with different prices and not sure which would be the best for us. She wants to go to Nickelodeanland and we would like to go on some of the general roller coaster type rides too - those without too tall a height restriction (she's about 1.3m).

Its about 20 years since we were there last and everything has changed since we paid at the relevant kiosk for the rides we wanted to go on. :confused:

Also looking at visiting the Sandcastle and again there are different prices for various things there.

We are also looking at evening entertainment and having dinner too, so any suggestions or recommendations for restaurants would be most welcome.

Many thanks.

If you haven't been for 20 years my advice would be to not bother going. It's now a right dump which is full of lowlife morons out to get as drunk as they can and turn everywhere horrible for everyone else.

There's a reason why visitor numbers are falling year after year !!!

If you haven't been for 20 years my advice would be to not bother going. It's now a right dump which is full of lowlife morons out to get as drunk as they can and turn everywhere horrible for everyone else.

I watched the TV documentary this week about the emergency services in Blackpool unfortunately AFTER I had paid for the hotel, as I would have probably changed my mind about going after seeing the lowlife morons in action. However, other than going out to dinner or maybe a show, we have no plans to trawl around town at night with our grandaughter and will stay in the hotel bar. We would have done this anyway regardless of what I saw on TV.

Thanks, but already paid £300 for the hotel!!

Shame, you could have gone somewhere nice for that amount.

Sadly the morons in Blackpool don't just come out at night and can easily be spotted at 9.00am with cans in hand.

Hope you manage to avoid them and try and enjoy your time there.

Shame, you could have gone somewhere nice for that amount.

Sadly the morons in Blackpool don't just come out at night and can easily be spotted at 9.00am with cans in hand.

Hope you manage to avoid them and try and enjoy your time there.

Yes I would have loved to have gone abroad but my daughter is expecting her second child around the same time, so we needed to be somewhere we could return home quickly if need be. I have booked a higher class hotel rather than a B&B for added personal security, hence the heavy price. As for can wielding morons at 9am in the morning, you get those in Sheffield too. It was the marauding hens and stags type groups we were hoping to avoid.

Hi SmartMarts please don't be put off, as you say, if you avoid certain areas at night, you'll be fine. Blackpool has had quite a bit of investment over recent years. It's worth checking out what the tower is offering in terms of entertainment during your stay

http://www.theblackpooltower.com/

There's also a Halloween Party at half term for families in the winter gardens

http://www.blackpoollive.co.uk/HALLOWEENFAMILYPARTY2012.html

I'd usually advise families to make sure that they choose a hotel that caters for children with regards to entertainment in the evenings, so you can always stay around the hotel. I presume during half term there will be plenty of children in these type of hotels for your granddaughter to pal up with.

There looked to be some nice more 'cosmopolitan' places to eat and relax in the evenings at Lytham St Annes, closeby, last time I was there.

I'm sure you'll have a lovely time.

A lot like Skeggy then .

Archived