Blackpool attractions

Blackpool isn't so bad. The partygoers seem to congregate around certain sections of town where the cheap bars and clubs are.

I'd go with the recommendation to spend the evening in Lytham. Its just a shame that the Ribble and Preston make it a little too far to go to Southport - a lovely seaside town.

We took thr grandchildren last Saturday and had a great day out.

In the afternoon we went to the Tower Circus which was excellent and saw the illuminations at night.

If going to the Tower or other attractions buy the tickets beforehand either on line or from an hotel on the front to save money.

I watched the TV documentary this week about the emergency services in Blackpool unfortunately AFTER I had paid for the hotel, as I would have probably changed my mind about going after seeing the lowlife morons in action. However, other than going out to dinner or maybe a show, we have no plans to trawl around town at night with our grandaughter and will stay in the hotel bar. We would have done this anyway regardless of what I saw on TV.

I watched that and like you say there was plenty of lowlife morons,im not a fan of blackpool but to be fair,plenty of the morons were visitors from outside blackpool.

Ive only been to Blackpool once 2 yrs ago and this was just after the shows

and such like had ended , only liked the one bar named the Soulbar

as like that kinda music , Blackpool to me that wkend was not that good

really i thought it a bit of a Dive to be honest and young girls approx say

15 yrs old propositioning whilst passing bye in the street sadly

really not a nice place and i wont go back there ever again

heard by one or 2 guys it was good yrs back but not now

But as for when the rides and such are all on then i cant say

but imagine shall be pricey and not as good as yrs back ..

Ive only been to Blackpool once 2 yrs ago and this was just after the shows

and such like had ended , only liked the one bar named the Soulbar

as like that kinda music , Blackpool to me that wkend was not that good

really i thought it a bit of a Dive to be honest and young girls approx say

15 yrs old propositioning whilst passing bye in the street sadly

really not a nice place and i wont go back there ever again

heard by one or 2 guys it was good yrs back but not now

But as for when the rides and such are all on then i cant say

but imagine shall be pricey and not as good as yrs back ..

If you like ya soul/motown music ,thats the place to be larky i agree.

If you like ya soul/motown music ,thats the place to be larky i agree.

Ye Gazza, that was a good bar for the music

and was some good folks in there also, it was fun i remember

i was across street from Soulbar in some chippy buying a fish supper

which was in an Egytian chippy sais to be :)

but actually was very good and one of the best say fish n' chip suppers ive had :)

Hi SmartMarts please don't be put off, as you say, if you avoid certain areas at night, you'll be fine. Blackpool has had quite a bit of investment over recent years. It's worth checking out what the tower is offering in terms of entertainment during your stay

http://www.theblackpooltower.com/

There's also a Halloween Party at half term for families in the winter gardens

http://www.blackpoollive.co.uk/HALLOWEENFAMILYPARTY2012.html

I'd usually advise families to make sure that they choose a hotel that caters for children with regards to entertainment in the evenings, so you can always stay around the hotel. I presume during half term there will be plenty of children in these type of hotels for your granddaughter to pal up with.

There looked to be some nice more 'cosmopolitan' places to eat and relax in the evenings at Lytham St Annes, closeby, last time I was there.

I'm sure you'll have a lovely time.

I would echo what DV has said and suggest you up to St Annes - and for dinner there is a really nice Italian in the pedestrianised walkway.

http://www.visitlythamstannes.co.uk/

Guys none of this is actually helping the OP so why not just for a change on this forum lets give out some helpful advice about things they can go & see rather then just listing all the negatives & terrifying them enough so that they stay inside their hotel room the entire break -although I reckon a few of you would love to know you'd caused then to do that. We went to Blackpool a couple of months ago & found it no worse then any other place. I would recommend having a look see if the zoo is still open this time a year, I'm sure you're granddaughter would enjoy it there

Guys none of this is actually helping the OP so why not just for a change on this forum lets give out some helpful advice about things they can go & see rather then just listing all the negatives & terrifying them enough so that they stay inside their hotel room the entire break -although I reckon a few of you would love to know you'd caused then to do that. We went to Blackpool a couple of months ago & found it no worse then any other place. I would recommend having a look see if the zoo is still open this time a year, I'm sure you're granddaughter would enjoy it there

In which way was this:

I would echo what DV has said and suggest you up to St Annes - and for dinner there is a really nice Italian in the pedestrianised walkway.

http://www.visitlythamstannes.co.uk/

not helpful?

Is there anything other than the Zoo (which could be shut) you would recommend?

Archived