Killing ivy, what's best ?

'Round up' claims to get rid of it but I've never had any luck with it.

I've had some luck with Round up for killing off ivy, but it only lasts for one season, then it has to be done again every year to keep it ....we'll half dead.

My husband has tried everything and only one thing worked. Petrol in a pump spray and when you've cut the ivy down to ground level, spray the petrol all over the ground and the plant cannot breathe and so dies. My husband did this over 2 years ago and it's not been back since.

My husband has tried everything and only one thing worked. Petrol in a pump spray and when you've cut the ivy down to ground level, spray the petrol all over the ground and the plant cannot breathe and so dies. My husband did this over 2 years ago and it's not been back since.

Ah, Petrol liberally applied to the soil, The green take on the problem. :help:

Elbow grease is what you need, Apply freely and reach for a digging implement.

It's the only sure way. :thumbsup:

Thanx i will giv that ago

Is it your husband who got blown to bits having a crafty cig outside your house?

Archived