Translation required please

I have been enjoying some rastafarian music on an old tape recently, but I am a little confused and wondered if anyone here could explain what it means to

".. break a skank on the riverbank"

It certainly sounds like it is a lovely thing to do, but I have wracked my brains but cannot remember if I have ever done such a thing or heard of it before.

Thankyou in anticipation.

MC

I have been enjoying some rastafarian music on an old tape recently, but I am a little confused and wondered if anyone here could explain what it means to

".. break a skank on the riverbank"

It certainly sounds like it is a lovely thing to do, but I have wracked my brains but cannot remember if I have ever done such a thing or heard of it before.

Thankyou in anticipation.

MC

Skank is a type of dance I think although it can refer to other things so I'm guessing it translates to skank dancing on the riverbank.

Thanks for that, it makes sense.

After further listening, I would also like to ask about the word Babylon.

I was already aware that it was often used for police, but it seems that it is used for other things too. Does anyone have an explanation about this ?

Archived