Aviva car insurance- hidden charges

hi i had a galaxy and wanted to change my cars insurance over by simply using the online service that i had used before no probs.

now i whent to the online service called my policy and did the changes it let me put all my cars details in then said they couldnt make the changes to my policy and for me to ring them for any changes , i did this the day after and the operator said to change it over would be an extra £48 i thought this was because of the lexus i had bought , by the way the lexus is a 2001 y reg worth £1000 , my galaxy is a 2002 and worth 3000. so i couldnt understand why it had gone up?

ive got my documents through the post and the additional charges are from a cancelation fee of £38 and a mid term adjustment of £10 , it also states that if i had done it online i wouldnt have had to pay these? im so mad at the moment i could have done without an extra £48 that i cant afford , what can i do???

this is avivas fault .

It's not Aviva's fault at all, they didn't decide that you're having a different car mid-policy

Of course it's going to cost more to insure a more desirable, more powerful vehicle, otherwise what's stopping everyone from insuring a 1ltr corsa and then swapping the policy a month later to a Lambo ?

The statement about doing online is probably just part of a standardised generic letter. You tried it online and something about the changes clearly triggered the need for you to contact them.

Welcome to car ownership. Now suck it up.

But what happens if you have a bump? Ford parts are common, cheap to buy, generic, and easy to fit. I would imagine Lexus aren't.

Actually they probably are since they're rebadged Toyotas but the part will be more expensive given the flashy badge.

The issue with the OP doing it online was probably down to too many factors changing. From a FWD MPV with mid-range(at best) power to a RWD sports saloon with higher power.

It's not Aviva's fault at all, they didn't decide that you're having a different car mid-policy

Of course it's going to cost more to insure a more desirable, more powerful vehicle, otherwise what's stopping everyone from insuring a 1ltr corsa and then swapping the policy a month later to a Lambo ?

The statement about doing online is probably just part of a standardised generic letter. You tried it online and something about the changes clearly triggered the need for you to contact them.

Welcome to car ownership. Now suck it up.

who do you think you are you nasty person ,is there any need for that?

you didnt read my post properly did you , hidden charges gives you a clue?

cancelation charge when i didnt cancel and a amendment fee which i can understand , SO GET OFF YOU HIGH HORSE AND LEARN HOW TO SPEAK TO PEOPLE IN A GOOD MANNER.:loopy:

Archived