Amanda Todd's suicide, bullying & cyberbullying. Is your kid a bully?

It's so sad & heartbreaking what this poor young girl must have gone through & I can guarantee most of her bullies would just claim they were having a laugh, unfortunately these "just having a laugh" ! "Stop being so touchy" bullies are allowed to continue on forums worldwide. It's sad really that many forums & Internet sites ban many things but will allow bullying, trolling, sarcasm & let's face it they are all branches on the same tree, those responsible are still allowed to continue "just having a bit if fun"

It's very sad indeed. I find it difficult to comprehend that the authorities couldn't track and apprehend this person who was stalking Amanda. I hope they make efforts to now.

Teenagers have so much to contend with without nastiness from peers.

It's the 'cumulative' effect also, isn't it?

Let's hope that Amanda's legacy is that bullying is reduced, and particularly internet bullying.

I have been cyber bullied, I have also been the bully before.It's a immature and a cowards way of solving problems.

You don't realise how much it can effect people and their lives. Until you as a bully are bullied, and experience the treatment you gave.

To feel unsafe outside because of bullies is one thing. Because you can run/ hide in safety of your home.

Then to have it happen in the only place your supposed to feel safe. Is a total different story, you feel trapped and like their is no end.

I was bullied so bad, I felt my only way out was to take an overdose. Until your in that situation you will never know. I was in my early to mid 20's when this happened.

I could not cope with it as a adult. So must be a lot harder for a teenager. I learnt a harsh lesson guess you could Say what went around come around For me. I would never bully anyone in anyway again. Knowing how being cyber bullied made me feel , I would not wish it on anyone.

Glad laws are stricter now and that people are aware that this goes on.

It's very sad indeed. I find it difficult to comprehend that the authorities couldn't track and apprehend this person who was stalking Amanda. I hope they make efforts to now.

Teenagers have so much to contend with without nastiness from peers.

It's the 'cumulative' effect also, isn't it?

Let's hope that Amanda's legacy is that bullying is reduced, and particularly internet bullying.

Here here I totally agree, sad fact is the bullies parents still have their kids. The bullies still have their lives, poor Amanda doesn't. It shouldn't get to point where it takes someone's life ending because of it. For awareness to be raised they should be tackled before It costs any lives. :(

Hope the bullies can live with themselves. :(

I have been cyber bullied, I have also been the bully before.It's a immature and a cowards way of solving problems.

You don't realise how much it can effect people and their lives. Until you as a bully are bullied, and experience the treatment you gave.

To feel unsafe outside because of bullies is one thing. Because you can run/ hide in safety of your home.

Then to have it happen in the only place your supposed to feel safe. Is a total different story, you feel trapped and like their is no end.

I was bullied so bad, I felt my only way out was to take an overdose. Until your in that situation you will never know. I was in my early to mid 20's when this happened.

I could not cope with it as a adult. So must be a lot harder for a teenager. I learnt a harsh lesson guess you could Say what went around come around For me. I would never bully anyone in anyway again. Knowing how being cyber bullied made me feel , I would not wish it on anyone.

Glad laws are stricter now and that people are aware that this goes on.

That's a very straight account. I hope it makes others sit up and listen.

Stories like yours are just what kids in schools need to be hearing.

That's a very straight account. I hope it makes others sit up and listen.

Stories like yours are just what kids in schools need to be hearing.

Thank you, and I hope it serves as a lesson to many, although it is not something I am proud of. ( It won't be something I will ever do again)

Non the less I did learn from it, I am not someone who won't admit their faults. I think admitting your faults, helps you get past them.

It takes a bigger person to admit their wrong, then to hide behind lies. ;)

Archived