Use of Cannabis? Discuss Sensibly!

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

I think we're probably agreed that whilst cannabis is far from harmless, either physically, psychically or socially, it is a substance that is enjoyed, habitually but in moderation, without excessive negative effects by many, many people.

Yes, taking cannabis can sure be harmful to ones psychic powers, ay phanerothyme?

Did you not mean 'psychologically'?

Originally posted by t020

Yes, taking cannabis can sure be harmful to ones psychic powers, ay phanerothyme?

Did you not mean 'psychologically'?

Ho hum. Your rhetorical question wants me to answer 'yes' but......

Psychologically is emphatically not what I meant.

I meant Psychically as in the adverb:

Psychically

adv. 1.Of, relating to, affecting, or influenced by the human mind or psyche

And of course as any fule kno:

Psyche

n 1: that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason; 2: the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life [syn: soul] 3: (Greek mythology) a beautiful princess loved by Cupid who visited her at night and told her she must not try to see him; became the personification of the soul [syn: Psyche]

Perhaps, since you're the only person who keeps tripping up over problematic use of language in my posts, you'd care to PM me instead, and I'll do my best to explain what I mean to you in nice, short, meticulously spelled words. :P

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

Ho hum. Your rhetorical question wants me to answer 'yes' but......

Psychologically is emphatically not what I meant.

I meant Psychically as in the adverb:

Psychically

adv. 1.Of, relating to, affecting, or influenced by the human mind or psyche

And of course as any fule kno:

Psyche

n 1: that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason; 2: the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life [syn: soul] 3: (Greek mythology) a beautiful princess loved by Cupid who visited her at night and told her she must not try to see him; became the personification of the soul [syn: Psyche]

Perhaps, since you're the only person who keeps tripping up over problematic use of language in my posts, you'd care to PM me instead, and I'll do my best to explain what I mean to you in nice, short, meticulously spelled words. :P

LMFAO @ Phanerothyme

Well done that man! t020, you got owned!

Ho hum. Well now I know. Cannabis doesn't affect one psychologically, but psychically instead. Hmmm. Or maybe you did just use the wrong word but have managed to dig yourself out of a hole?

PS. DaBouncer, whats that brown stuff all over your nose?

Originally posted by t020

Ho hum. Well now I know. Cannabis doesn't affect one psychologically, but psychically instead. Hmmm. Or maybe you did just use the wrong word but have managed to dig yourself out of a hole?

PS. DaBouncer, whats that brown stuff all over your nose?

Well, actually I would agree that it does affect you psychologically in that your responses to psychological evaluation would be different after using cannabis, and also in the long term as an habitual cannabis user; but what I meant was that cannabis can have ill-effects on your psyche, your sense of self and intention, if abused or an overpowering first dose is taken.

RPG is right, speaking as a perpetrator I've been here and it goes nowhere (even if it is hard not to give in to the desire).

Please don your flameproof suit.

Archived