Whiskey Distillery Tour

Scottish whiskey doesn't exist. It's a contradiction (whiskey only comes from other countries like Ireland and America where they aren't allowed to call it whisky).

The biggest concentration of them is probably in Speyside - sort of between Inverness and Elgin.

Glenfiddich and Glenmorangie are probably the biggest two, so might be a good place to start.

I've no personal recommendations (though would recommend the Hennessy Cognac distillery in france for a future trip).

When I decided I wanted to explore The Distilleries I rented a cottage which was once one of several workers homes at The Tormore Distillery from here all the Speyside Distilleries are within easy driving distance including my favorite Glenfarclas which is one of very few independents,if he likes his malts a little smokier a couple of days on Islay would do the trick as there are 7 or 8 distilleries on a very small island.

I think you should start by looking at which whisky he actually likes. There's a huge variation in taste of whisky and when you've got the opportunity for testing it would be good to actually like the taste of what you're testing.

If i was a tourist and wanted to check out such id go up North in Scotland

as that way you shall also get the experience of seeing the best Countyside

in Britain whilst on your travels and check out some Speyside distilleries

in which Scotland has so many

instance ireland has only 2 Distilleries Scotland has well over a dozen

Scotlands no 1 Export to the World is Whisky and always has been

Whisky ,Tartan, Bagpipes, Shortbread, Haggis , Deer and Highland cattle

in which roam the Country is Scottish ..Meanwhile some Whisky tours belows link

As Medusa above sais there are many different tastes of Whiskies and Single Malts

is Scotlands main known Whiskies which is more expensive because more is put into such

but also have nice Blended whiskies also inc "Grouse" which is well sold here and Macallan etc

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Scottish+whisky+tours&oq=Scottish+whisky+tours&gs_l=youtube.12...8877.15108.0.17891.21.14.0.0.0.0.343.2552.3j6j3j2.1

Scottish Distilleries belows link as poster above Medusa sais depends on your liking

Malt Whiskies are what we are unique for

where the longer it lay for also the better many say , many nice Whiskies here

and anyone whom spells Whisky with the letter "e" in it then you know

they just dont know about The Real McCoy which is Scottish Whisky :)

http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/jhb/whisky/scotland.html

I had the honour of a fabulous cuddle with Towser, the world mousing champion cat who lived in the Glenturret distillery until she died in the late 80s at the fabulous age of 24, which was the high point of all of the distillery tours that we were taken on during family visits to Scotland.

I never liked whisky- but Towser was a force to be reckoned with :)

I had the honour of a fabulous cuddle with Towser, the world mousing champion cat who lived in the Glenturret distillery until she died in the late 80s at the fabulous age of 24, which was the high point of all of the distillery tours that we were taken on during family visits to Scotland.

I never liked whisky- but Towser was a force to be reckoned with :)

:D Many folks Medusa dont like Whisky , personally i was put off Whisky

when young as silly i know but others on one Hogmanay ( New years eve)

when young at 17 yrs had to drink it to be a man :D

and really made me feel not very good the following day

whisky was teachers whisky which was to me YUK

seen to many wasted lifes of some decent nice hearted men

not longer here whom drank far too much whom also sadly put me off Whisky

Im just not a Whisky drinker but i see many drink it here

mainly the older generation ive noticed Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich

which is sais to be very good Whiskies but these are single Malts and more expensive

for a blended Whisky Grouse Whisky is sais to be a big seller here

Poster you can only try them for yourself , tours shall allow you a tipple to try

im sure , then you can try all the many different Whiskies out :)

Archived