Read all about it - Drug law reform recommended by another expert panel

Am i wrong in thinking making it legal and cheaper will just create more addicts out of the vulnerable and not so bright people of this country.

One mate to another "try this,cheap as chips and gets you high as hell".

Then they are addicted and the cycle continues.

I think the only thing that needs reform are the sentences handed down to dealers.

1st strike 15 years.

2cd strike life without parole.

Do you honestly think that hundreds of thousands of people would suddenly start taking heroin because it's cheap?

Would you?

No. So why do you think everyone else would?

Yet again, this eternal link between recognising prohibition as a failure - thus we must all be drug users. Not even stopping there though, we must all be mind-boggled and degenerate.

When the level of argument against us is purely insult and AK-47s we must be speaking some sense. :)

Your answer to an headache is to put a bullet in it.

No, I'd prefer public hanging. Let potential dealers see their role models twitch and die, that's the way.

Because that has completely solved the problem in the countries where they do that? (I'll save you the time, it hasn't).
Of course it hasn't.

Light a spliff in a UK pub, and the lowlife might (might) be asked to leave.

However, do thay in Riyadh, and nice chaps in pseudo-military uniforms will soon arrive and take the scrote away for his toenails to be pulled. Good in my book.

Can you convince me that Saudi has a worse drug problem than we do?

Of course it hasn't.

However, do thay in Riyadh, and nice chaps in pseudo-military uniforms will soon arrive and take the scrote away for his toenails to be pulled. Good in my book.

Great comparison. Pick the country where women are not able to drive or even ride bikes and a 13 year girl gets 90 lashes for taking a phone to school.

Of course it hasn't.

And in Cambodia and Thailand, they have no drugs trade at all due to their harsh penalties?

There are plenty of examples that prove that harsh penalties achieve nothing.

There are plenty of examples that prove that harsh penalties achieve nothing.

They're counter productive since they increase violence and risk to the innocent.

If you're going to get the death penalty for a crime, then there seems little point in leaving witnesses alive to testify against you or being overly concerned about gunning down the innocent person who's in your way.

They're counter productive since they increase violence and risk to the innocent.

If you're going to get the death penalty for a crime, then there seems little point in leaving witnesses alive to testify against you or being overly concerned about gunning down the innocent person who's in your way.

Indeed, and I expect that it makes arresting a dealer a much more dangerous thing to do.

Of course I would but I would feel a hell of a lot safer,why do people feel the need to muck about with what is basically the greatest computer ever thought of ,sooner or later drugs and that includes legal ones will cause damage to said computer ..do you honestly think that decriminalizing drugs will do away with dealers,at the present the smuggling of tobacco and spirits ,legal over here ,is costing the country billions and prisons are full of smugglers,if y'all think the powers that be will legalise drugs without the lions share going on in taxes hence feeding the black market ..well...the drugs have already addled your brains

My god! I don't know where to start!

By greatest computer ever 'thought of', I assume you mean the human brain?!?

Even legal drugs mess your mind up? So you've never taken any pain killers to rid your head ache? Never drank coffee or tea??

You would rather live in a world where an addict is put behind bars and given no help or treatment? A world where people are forced to work in an illegal trade that risks peoples lives on a daily basis?

Drugs should be legalised, taxed and controlled. Doing so wouldn't affect your life or anyone else's who doesn't use. The only reason people like you object is because you are stubborn.

You don't have to be a liberal or a rocket scientist to see that legalisation would do nothing but good things, for everyone involved!

Cannabis isn't even addictive... But you'd be all for making caffeine illegal then, being highly addictive as it is (I say, whilst my late sits in front of me).

That's what I always thought too, but it appears to be a misconception. David Nutt disagrees (and far be it for me to argue with the leading expert in neuropsychopharmacology!). He says 10% of all cannabis users are physically addicted to the drug. He mentions it briefly in "Drugs - Without the Hot Air" (well worth a read!), and references the following document:

"Dependence on cannabis alone is, unquestionably, a real phenomenon

[1, 2]. Studies among cannabis users have revealed that when they stop

they experience physical withdrawal as part of a dependence syndrome

characterised by decreased appetite, weight loss, lethargy, irritability,

mood changes, tremor, muscle pain, sweating and insomnia. There is

also a psychological craving for the substance. Reinstating the drug

terminates these symptoms. It has also been shown that cannabis

dependence is associated with an altered function of cannabinoid

receptors; and that withdrawal can be precipitated by a cannabinoid

receptor antagonist."

Source: ACMD: Cannabis: Classification and Public Health - 2008 (Page 13. section 6.2)

Of course it hasn't.

Well despite the fact that everything regarded as intoxicating is illegal in KSA they still seem to have a huge problem. How could that be with their very harsh penalties?

Archived