Stolen Iphone by Taxi Driver - Saturday.

darken

Numerous times I get a taxi driver asking "Where's that" when I tell them where i'm going....

I often have to direct them from West Street area to Kelham Island.... as they don't know the way? :loopy::confused:

He may well know the way but there could be 2 or more routes he could take and if he takes a route the passenger would,t have took then they will swear blind you are going the wrong way!

If I got a customer in and there was 2 ways to the destination I would say what route I intended to take just to know I was safe to do so.

For example, West street to kelham Island, depending where on West St and what end of kelham Island do you go down Netherthorpe Rd or head for West Bar via Broad Lane?

I was on a night out with friends and my mate left his iphone in a taxi.

The next morning I went on the Find My iPhone website on my 3G laptop. It was very accurate and led us to the black cab we had been in last night.

I was then on my laptop pressing the alarm button and sending messages to the phone. Knocked on the door, taxi drivers son answers and says his father cannot be woke up but nothing has been left in the cab.

He allows my friend to check the cab, we show the taxi drivers son the phones location on the website! Suddenly oh yes a phone was found and he goes back to get it from the house!!

Not read too far back in this thread did the OP have any success in getting phone back or getting the taxi driver prosecuted?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived