Stolen Iphone by Taxi Driver - Saturday.

darken

I was and he wouldn't let me out of the taxi until I had handed it over.

This has happened to me before, the most common one is ''It's a tenner before we set off'' as soon as he says that, I get straight back out of his taxi, if he can't have the decency to trust me after I've been out then I'm not going to waste my time with him.

The last time I was asked to hand my phone over before I went to the bank I refused, and he said he wouldn't let me out. I put it to him that he either lets me out to go and get some cash, or I sit in his taxi all night long (I was drunk enough to do it too :P ) he soon opened the door, I got my cash, I paid him, no problems.

I've maintained for so long stealing of smart phones is pointless, they can be shut down and rendered a useless block of electrics within seconds. I have read someone in Japan or China there is a place that takes all these phones and has a procedure for un-blocking them or they just take the gold and other metals out of them... I stand to be corrected mind.

Most taxi drivers I've had have been nothing but friendly, select few of them are just cocks though.

I had my iphone taken as collateral while I went to the cash point on West Street by the tesco express on Saturday night around 10pm. I was intoxicated so naturally I handed it over, when I got back to the taxi and handed the guy £10 (the fare was less), He then took off without giving me the phone back!!!

Luckily for me I wasn't as intoxicated as he thought and I have already blocked the phone, contacted the police and reported it stolen, I do have find my phone installed and everything bar the photos are backed-up:(

He did pull up in front of the CCTV area by westfield terrace so thats a bonus as they are going to check the footage. Probably only a matter of time before the police catch him and he loses his license, Is there anything else I can do, or do I just wait?

If you were ****** at 10 pm he probably thought you were a mug.Why flag down a taxi if you ve got no dough?You have made a lot of work for other people by your rash conduct.When he is caught he can deny theft as you have passed over the phone voluntarily.Who do you think the police will believe-a driver or a disorganised drunk?

Always try booking a private one that way you have their details

Yep, City Cabs now send you a text with the registration number, colour and make of the car they're sending. Handy for reference later on if you're not in the best of states at the time of booking.

And you have proof of this???

I caught one from Meadowhall once,the guy driving was an elderly bearded Asian bloke,the guy on the photo card was young and clean shaven.Wasn't even remotely close to each other lol.

I caught one from Meadowhall once,the guy driving was an elderly bearded Asian bloke,the guy on the photo card was young and clean shaven.Wasn't even remotely close to each other lol.

Not really proof is it? Some vehicles do have more than one licensed driver.

Archived