An example of greed!!

I never knew saving money was an example of greed.

You could save even more money by not buying it.

I'm sure Tesco aren't practically giving it away for no reason ... they've bought too much of it and it's rubbish anyway! :gag:

did anyone read in the news this week about the petrol station where they had marked up the price per litre as 13.9 p instead of 139.9 p in error? Apparently word soon spread around the neighbourhood and there were traffic jams building up around the place and a constant stream of cars filling up at the pumps.

The staff were amazed at how unusually busy they were, but it wasn't until the next day that they realised why.

Now - is that also an example of greed would you say?

And would you have declined to fill your car up for 13.9 a litre?

I'd have been off down there like a shot and filled up as many cars and cans as I could. I'd even go back again with the lawnmower!

I don't blame the person for stocking up on cheese at that price. It's not like it's going to go off anytime soon. I think most folks would have bought more than they usefully need, although I'm not sure I'd have run to 37 packets of it!

I'd use that cheese for cooking but it is mass produced rubbish - which may be why Tesco are able to flog it off so cheaply - plus it gets them free PR on messageboards like this - which in itself is worth a lot of money.

What does the US do that the UK doesnt , No rush, I'll give you plenty Time come up with something that makes sense :roll:

Restricting military purchases to those companies which are run from the US. Even purchases from companies like BAE Systems have to be done through their firewalled US subsiduary, with it's own US management, rather than directly.

Don't worry Paul is on to them, he wants me to deal with the other

Is that you again Drone? Do I need to stick you on ignore too? :suspect:

The staff were amazed at how unusually busy they were, but it wasn't until the next day that they realised why.

The same happened a few years ago near my parents, the locals kept it underwraps for a full week before some moron blabbed it out on my brothers radio show.

He apologised for not cutting the bloke off sooner, but did call him a ******* (off-air) for letting the cat out of the bag :hihi:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1216105/Every-little-helps-Lucky-drivers-queues-petrol-pump-giving-half-price-fuel--WEEK.html

Archived