An example of greed!!

Is buying a 16 pack of loo roll greedy because you only use 1 at a time?

The definition of greed:

greed [griːd]

n

1. excessive consumption of or desire for food; gluttony

2. excessive desire, as for wealth or power

[back formation from greedy]

I would say a lot of people from the thread were desiring food and in massive quantities.

As for the toilet roll, if it was massively reduced (50p for 16 rolls) and you went with the desire to get them all. I would call that greed.

Isn't greed excessive consumption?

Stockpiling something you need whilst it's being sold cheap is just common sense.

If there's only so much at this price isn't it greedy to try and grab as much as you can without thought to anyone else wanting it?

The definition of greed:

greed [griːd]

n

1. excessive consumption of or desire for food; gluttony

2. excessive desire, as for wealth or power

[back formation from greedy]

I would say a lot of people from the thread were desiring food and in massive quantities.

As for the toilet roll, if it was massively reduced (50p for 16 rolls) and you went with the desire to get them all. I would call that greed.

But if they weren't reduced and you bought them all, that would be just stockpiling loo roll?

If I were to rephrase what you had said I'd be saying that it's a bit on the selfish side to go and buy all of something that is reduced, because then nobody else can take advantage of the offer.

But on the other hand, you're only responsible for your finances, and not everybody elses... So if you happen to get lucky and turn up as they reduce something, help yourself.

I've bought 2 chickens before because they'd just been reduced to £1 each. We just stripped all the meat off and froze it.

If there's only so much at this price isn't it greedy to try and grab as much as you can without thought to anyone else wanting it?

See previous post, I think I might call it selfish rather than greedy. But I wouldn't be very concerned about it.

Greedy ?? in this day and age... You want your head looking at or maybe your bank account. If its cheap and readilly availlable then I am going to stock up on it. Dont care a hoot if that makes me greedy. If so then so what ? I saved money.

P.S. I got £20's worth of Cathederal City in my fridge

nom nom nom ;)

Archived