Starbucks and its tax position- MEGATHREAD

Yo be honest I don't particularly like the fact they avoid tax in this country but at the end of the day its a business and as such they will surely do whatever they can to pay as little tax as possible within the law.

Its the government/hmrc that should be looking at the laws that makes this possible.

Starbucks will never go out of business.

Lets be truthfull, whenever there is an "anti austerity", "stop the cuts" or "I'm very poor" type of protest. The wealthy liberal jolly chums always have a cup of starbucks to keep them warm.

When its protest day, starbucks must see an increase in business.

I can see it now "protest against starbucks for not paying tax" - but first, I need to get a "starbucks" to drink and keep warm.

Spot on a bit like the mobile phone mast objectors on their mobile while protesting!

Starbucks will never go out of business.

Lets be truthfull, whenever there is an "anti austerity", "stop the cuts" or "I'm very poor" type of protest. The wealthy liberal jolly chums always have a cup of starbucks to keep them warm.

When its protest day, starbucks must see an increase in business.

I can see it now "protest against starbucks for not paying tax" - but first, I need to get a "starbucks" to drink and keep warm.

I've no idea how wealthy the protestors are or if they are liberal, that doesn't invalidate their argument.

On the 'substantive' argument of your post Ian Hislop on 'Have I Got News For You' makes the point:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WvAkhW-XNI

I've no idea how wealthy the protestors are or if they are liberal, that doesn't invalidate their argument.

On the 'substantive' argument of your post Ian Hislop on 'Have I Got News For You' makes the point:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WvAkhW-XNI

Louise Mensch

An embarrassment to politics and now thankfully effed off to the US. Good riddance.

Archived