Starbucks and its tax position- MEGATHREAD

So who's doing all the auditing and advising , then ? Oh surprise surprise , it's one of the Big Four accountancy firms , PriceWaterhouseCoopers , Deloittes , Ernst and Young , and KPMG . The same Big Four who are busy signing off the accounts of those BIG "too big to fail" companies who ceased to be regulated back in 1997 ......These are the same b@@%ards who'll make an absolute fortune overseeing the break-up of the NHS , and , I suspect , have been complicit in the planning thereof for many years . So how do we challenge the accountants ???

I'm not sure how your got that...

... from this.

Obviously there are too many loopholes in your tax system that allow big corporations to get away without paying a penny in corporate taxes. We all know that big corporation get away with a lot when it comes to taxes but Starbucks paying nothing ? :loopy:

Is there any chance of everybody boycotting a football match until they pay footballers what they are actually worth rather than what they think they're worth, thus bringing ticket prices down?

Ive been doing that for a long time.....and as for Strabucks / Costa etc all I can ask is why do people go there anyway?

Is there any chance of everybody boycotting a football match until they pay footballers what they are actually worth rather than what they think they're worth, thus bringing ticket prices down?

Hey Anna, i gave up my league match ticket book (old name for season ticket) many years ago at Man Utd because of the prawn butty brigade. Note also i was one of a quite large community.

Out of it was born a football team called FC United. One day they will roam the Premiership. (before the idiots commence, i was born & raised 30 years in Manc).

Erroneous comparison. Footballers get paid their market rate...if people didn't want to watch them they wouldn't get paid what they do.

Obviously there are too many loopholes in your tax system that allow big corporations to get away without paying a penny in corporate taxes. We all know that big corporation get away with a lot when it comes to taxes but Starbucks paying nothing ? :loopy:

I agree that it is crazy.

I was suggesting a two pronged attack. Citizens who care about this stuff can easily find (better) coffee elsewhere. They should do so.

At the same time, our politicians should take time off from navigating the latest expenses rules and legislate properly to stop this from happening.

So who's doing all the auditing and advising , then ? Oh surprise surprise , it's one of the Big Four accountancy firms , PriceWaterhouseCoopers , Deloittes , Ernst and Young , and KPMG . The same Big Four who are busy signing off the accounts of those BIG "too big to fail" companies who ceased to be regulated back in 1997 ......These are the same b@@%ards who'll make an absolute fortune overseeing the break-up of the NHS , and , I suspect , have been complicit in the planning thereof for many years . So how do we challenge the accountants ???

Kerching, kerching, kerching. And the merry go round continues....

I agree that it is crazy.

I was suggesting a two pronged attack. Citizens who care about this stuff can easily find (better) coffee elsewhere. They should do so.

At the same time, our politicians should take time off from navigating the latest expenses rules and legislate properly to stop this from happening.

Sibon, read the monbiot article i clipped. The Con Dems brought these powers in....

Archived