Ordering from That's Entertainment

Just wondered whether anybody else had ordered anything from the That's Entertainment website i.e. the retail arm of Music Magpie, and if so whether what you ordered actually arrived. I've put in two orders now: on the first one I had six items and only four arrived (despite the fact that I had e-mails saying all six were in the post); and on the second only three out of four items arrived. Now I know our postal service may not be the best any longer, but I can't help feeling that that's quite a high rate of non-arrival. So I'm wondering whether TE are basically taking the money, and sending a despatch e-mail, even when they don't have the item in stock any more, and hoping that some people won't bother claiming their money back. For the record, they did refund my money on the first order (still waiting on the second), but it's still pretty frustrating when you actually want the item instead. Is this a typical experience?

Not typical for me - I've ordered loads from them in the past year - over 100 CDs.

I've also used their Amazon sales arm where they sell as 'zoverztocks' - they have an automated script which undercuts any other seller by 1p for used items so you can get stuff for £1.27 if they cut to 1p plus postage. (Always check this AND Thatsentertainment before you order to find the cheapest).

Out of all of my orders:

I've had 1 CD that jumped - they replaced it AND refunded it

And 2 that didn't arrive within 14 days - I emailed them on both occassions and they posted me another copy free - both times I later recieved the original order, battered and dirty so presumably stuck in the royal mail somewhere.

Maybe just my bad luck then. I'm not surprised they didn't have another copy of the things I ordered because they were pretty obscure, but after they told me that, the things were still being advertised on the website as being available, which seems a bit odd.

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe just my bad luck then. I'm not surprised they didn't have another copy of the things I ordered because they were pretty obscure, but after they told me that, the things were still being advertised on the website as being available, which seems a bit odd.

Funnily enough they just messed up an order of mine - its was only a silly Halloween CD, but they sent a totally different one to what I ordered.

Fair play though when I emailed them they just refunded the cost no questions.

It was only £1.99 but I do use them a lot so its good that they sort this stuff out even if it is just for a silly halloween album!

Archived