Lady taxi drivers good or bad?

Women cabbies have been around for years...especially in the private hire type cabs. I'm not sure it's particularly 'big' in Sheffield, but other places I've lived often have them. As someone else pointed out, it makes for peace of mind where women are wanting transport (say) after work, and they feel nervous having some 'random' male driver turn up.

However, I think you would have to be a particular type of woman to do it. I've spoken to female drivers who have picked up drunks on a saturday night, and they have said that they are a lot more well behaved for a woman.

Of course there will always be exceptions to this!

Can't be any worse than the London Taxi blokes who will drive you round and round in circles and charge £50 for the privilege.

A taxi driver that actually knows where the hell they are going would be nice.

They know what they are up to,especially when they hear a Yorkie accent.You cant fault them as they know a tip is unlikely.

well ive just qualified as a privae hire and i will be working nights and weekends and i do think its a great idea if women want lady drivers

theres not any of us about so if anyone needs a ride south sheffield

im actually north east derbyshire plated

Archived