Is Nigel Farage a political rock god ?

So the basis of this post is greater political freedom from London for Scotland, Wales and NI, decentralisation/devolution of powers etc is progress, but to apply exactly the same arguments and principles to our relationshipwith the EU is "rabble rousing".

Thats how the Left work.... Its a bit like divide and rule they so claim to hate

D'ohhhhhh, Know nothing about rock , am v. thick , n,nite decent folk of Sheff, let's stick together , stand no **** and daily smile to a complete stranger is good , baffles the miserable bar stewards who troll this part of the world .

Life's too short , enjoy it and make the most of every day, am relieved that the Trolls haven't trashed this thread yet , but they will ........

I still maintain that Farage is a political Rock God and that life is short and that going to a UKIP conference in the years to come will be like going to Woodstock

The politics of people who played at Woodstock like Joan Baez, Country Joe McDonald, Sly & the Family Stone, Jefferson Airplane, Neil Young and Pete Townshend are not those of someone who left the Tory party because it wasn't right-wing enough.

Well , I thought Jon Bon Jovi was the greatest rock god ever .... until I started watching some YouTube Farage videos when he's heckling them all at the EU - sounds boring ? Just watch a few - hilarious !

It makes me think of secret fantasies where I've wanted to tell a crappy boss what I think of them , he just goes ahead and does it , despite these "bosses" being the most powerful ( but unelected ) people in the EU .

Am not particularly political , but am starting to like this guy !

He is good, two thumbs up.

• 4 months later...

More evidence that Farage is indeed like a rock god from someone who should know best, one of his own MEPS, Marta Andreasen who has defected to the Tories.

"She said Mr Farage surrounded himself with "an old boys club of like-minded sycophants". From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21555727. Rock stars are indeed known to cut themselves off from reality and surround themselves with hangers-on.

Farage's reply was "The woman is impossible" which doesn't exactly disprove Andreasen's accusation that he is anti-women who he should note make up 50% of the electorate.

Archived