Does the stereotypical 'tight'..ooops I mean frugal Yorkshireman exist?

Tip at restaurants (10-15%) but I don't see the need to tip the pizza delivery guy or a taxi driver.

This isn't America.

You tip for good service in the UK as NO ONE's pay includes their tips.

I always tip good service.

I tip at restaurants, taxis, pizza delivery....all of em, and probably more that I can't remember.

Why? Because I've done all of those jobs and it's poor pay, and tips are part of your income!

However when I was once delivering a pizza's if the cost was say £10.99 and they gave me £11...and said keep the change!....I used to insist on giving them the penny, saying you obviously need it more than I do!...It's was very annoying!

You tip for good service in the UK as NO ONE's pay includes their tips.

I always tip good service.

It becomes part of their wages in reality though! As most of those jobs are such poor pay anyway!

But I agree with the good service proviso!

What's the difference? (mischief making :hihi:)

For example I recently paid over 50 quids for a pair of trainers for my daughter, so I'm not tight. But I come out in a clod sweat when I have to pay nearly £30 for a pair myself, therefore, I'm frugal.

I remember in the 70's when poor kids like me wore converse (black and white only). Now they're nearly £45, unbelievable.

Archived