Does the stereotypical 'tight'..ooops I mean frugal Yorkshireman exist?

I tip at restaurants unless the service is terrible.

I don't tip delivery people, take away is expensive enough as it is.

I only tip the taxi driver if it's convenient for me, ie £9 fare, just give him a tenner, but a £7 fare I'll want my change.

So is the 'tight' Yorkshireman alive and kicking? Lets face it, the stereotype must have some been arrived at through reputation! ????:huh:

I just can't see the point in tipping the pizza delivery boy, he's on minimum wage - so what, it's not the most taxing job in the world.

I don't tip the girl at starbucks, or the fella at subway or the person in B&Q who helped me find the door handle I was after.

Do you guys tip all of them too, because I'm fairly sure they're all on the same wage.

I just can't see the point in tipping the pizza delivery boy, he's on minimum wage - so what, it's not the most taxing job in the world.

I don't tip the girl at starbucks, or the fella at subway or the person in B&Q who helped me find the door handle I was after.

Do you guys tip all of them too, because I'm fairly sure they're all on the same wage.

Yes I do tip delivery people (takeaways and pizza etc)...Yes they are on minimum wage! That's the point! (to me). Ok it's not the most taxing job in the world, but what if he's got a family? He's making an effort to get up off his arse and earn some money! I know when I used to do it, I was very very grateful for any tips I got. I was once that person in that situation!

No you're right I don't tip in starbucks (I won't go in there anyway cos it's waaay too expensive!) or B&Q, or the fellas in subway. But I think that's an entirely different scenario.

They're on minimum wage as well though...

Yes I know that. But my logic (strange as it is I know) tells me the job they do wouldn't lend itself to 'tipping'.

You don't hand over a tip at the counter in Subway...would you?...it's just not the same!

Or is it me? Incidentally, I'm not a Yorkshireman! :hihi:

Archived