Female Dance Partner wanted

Hi all, I don't know if this is going to work but here goes.

I am a 27 year old male who has been dancing for quite some years, although I haven't put full attention to dancing so at best I am at intermediate level. What I am trying to say is that in the past I have started lessons in different dance styles at beginners level and once I got the foundations I moved onto another dance style so I never became proficient. So as I say at best I am at intermediates level and further to this I am actively a member of an amateur dance group.

Anyway a little bit of my history I really really enjoy Swing/Lindy Hop, Jive, Rock n Roll and Charleston (basically the vintage and nostalgic stuff). Which is what I do with the amateur dance group. I have had lessons for what seems like years at various venues, on and off and I have been in the group for the past 5 years, eventually staying at the last venue as the the teaching style suited my learning (but the teacher for their reasons is not available anymore! :().

The crux of the matter is that in the amateur I am not progressing as much as I would like due to two reasons A) My dance partner is very nervous and so lifts etc are no go zones! and she gets easily embarrassed so won't try anything (which I respect cos I have known her for a few years so have come to accept it) and B) The dance group have started meeting at a time that is not convenient for me which is not good for me (It turns out that the Tuesdays is not suitable for them anymore??? so it was decided that another day that I work on is much better, knowing that I work on that day???). So I Just make it for the groups rehearsal/practice and thus as I am unable to get to the session for learning new moves getting me nowhere :(.

The plan is to therefore find a new female dance partner and I am specifically looking for someone at beginners level (absolute beginners do not be affraid) but any level will be good. I am wanting someone who isn't affraid to try new things. One thing I am looking for though is someone who is energetic and actively fit. Practice will in the evening though I am open to discussion. I have a room that I can hire out at next to no price and also I can hire studios at a gyms (for free in most gyms as I am a part time fitness instructor). So Learning structure wise I will be using Youtube as a tool (it as invaluable as wikipedia), and I am current looking into talking to teachers in this area who I know. So I have all bases covered, you have nothing to worry about.

Oakey Doakey I don't want to bombard you so if you need more info please contact me, don't be affraid!

Cool.

Good luck with finding a partner. Aside from advertising here, why not go to one of the social/class style evenings for your favoured dance styles, see if there is anyone there whose style you enjoy, and ask her?

On Tuesdays, for example, Ceroc meet at the Davy Club on Prince of Wales Road, Their style is Modern Jive rather than the classic swing jive, but modern jivers are often ready to move onto a more formal style after a while and if they have an interested partner. Going to these nights will give you a wide choice of possible partners - there are generally 30-60 dancers at Ceroc (it's been a few months since I've been there, so it may be different), 60-120 at Blitz in Crookes on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived