A record number of people are at work in the UK as unemployment falls again

More good news for British job seekers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19975719

The number of people in employment rose to a record of almost 30 million, the Office for National Statistics said.

The number of people out of work in the UK has continued to decline.

Unemployment fell by 50,000 to 2.53m in the three months to August, taking the jobless rate down to 7.9% from 8.1%.

I know it's based on statistics, but I'm struggling to believe it really.

Or I may be just very cynical.

"For those people who are in work, more will be on temporary contracts than for a very long time - the highest for 10 years," shadow work and pensions secretary Liam Byrne told the BBC.

"About 60% of the jobs created since the general election are either self-employed or part-time.

It's a bit like yesterdays inflation figures the lowest since...Blah....blah.

It's just coincidental that next years pension rise will be based on this 'lowest since' figure!

Yes its really good news, and the best of it is these new jobs are real jobs, producing stuff, not public service rubbish.

There are more people in work in the UK than ever before.

Unfortunately Cameron and Osborne, having acheived this, also having paid more than a quarter of the deficit off, have now been informed that there is another £38b debt that the Labour crooks managed to cover up.

None the less we are on the right track and as long as the voters dont go insane at the next election Cameron can dump Clegg and finish the job off.

I know it's based on statistics, but I'm struggling to believe it really.

Or I may be just very cynical.

It's a bit like yesterdays inflation figures the lowest since...Blah....blah.

It's just conincidental that next years pension rise will be based on this 'lowest since' figure!

But this years were based on the high inflation of last September...you can't have it both ways Pete..most benefits went up by 5%..don't know of anyone's wages which did the same....

Yes its really good news, and the best of it is these new jobs are real jobs, producing stuff, not public service rubbish.

There are more people in work in the UK than ever before.

Unfortunately Cameron and Osborne, having acheived this, also having paid more than a quarter of the deficit off, have now been informed that there is another £38b debt that the Labour crooks managed to cover up.

None the less we are on the right track and as long as the voters dont go insane at the next election Cameron can dump Clegg and finish the job off.

Paid of part of the deficit???

I think you might mean have reduced the annual deficit by a quarter. The actual deficit is still increasing year on year.

More good news for British job seekers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19975719

The number of people in employment rose to a record of almost 30 million, the Office for National Statistics said.

The number of people out of work in the UK has continued to decline.

Unemployment fell by 50,000 to 2.53m in the three months to August, taking the jobless rate down to 7.9% from 8.1%.

That because everyone knows they fiddle the figures

Archived