A record number of people are at work in the UK as unemployment falls again

But they still rent/lease property which would probably be empty otherwise..I assume they pay VAT I also assume they use power and light,pay NI and income tax etc etc...would you prefer all UK companies who trade abroad to pay all their tax in those countries..?

Or open green space because it isn't required, I don't think our country is big enough to employ the world. :)

She doesn't take a penny from the state, employs 550 folk and pays massive amounts of tax. Do you?

Indeed the estate is advertising vacancies at the moment if you would like a job.

Winter Casual Work

Visitor Welcome Assistants

£6.52 per hour

Enthusiastic, individuals with excellent customer service skills are sought to fill interesting roles at front of house positions predominantly selling tickets on our car park. You should be positive and flexible with good numeric skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure.

These are casual roles and some flexibility will be required as demand will change according to business need. We are looking for people who will be able to work between 2 and 5 days per week, including weekends, from November to end of December 2012.

You must be happy to work outside.

Please click here for job description.

Applications close on midday 26th October 2012.

To apply please forward an up to date C.V. or application form, to the HR Department, Estate Office, Chatsworth, Edensor DE45 1PJ or apply on line to hr@chatsworth.org

Being landowners they will receive loads of £££££££ from the EU,so you are wrong.If not in receipt they are missing out,somewhat unlikely.

Like my first two words say, not always.

But even if they export it doesn't mean they are a net benefit if they are a foreign company that doesn’t pay UK tax.

OK I give up you're right it's better to have empty factories with no-one working in them than it is to have some foreign workers doing the jobs...you ought to run for parliament...

OK I give up you're right it's better to have empty factories with no-one working in them than it is to have some foreign workers doing the jobs...you ought to run for parliament...

I didn't say that, you appear to be all or nothing, I said it’s not always a benefit, sometime it is and sometimes it isn't, we can't just keep building factories and houses to employ the world, we are already the most over populated country in Europe, at some point our population simply as to stop growing.

Being landowners they will receive loads of £££££££ from the EU,so you are wrong.If not in receipt they are missing out,somewhat unlikely.

Hardly wrong EU money isn't from the state. If someone gets loads of £££££££££ from the EU and uses it to pay UK workers or spends it on UK services, isn't that rather better than the money being handed out to Croatians to make cheap cars that they can sell to us at the expense of our own industry?

I didn't say that, you appear to be all or nothing, I said it’s not always a benefit, sometime it is and sometimes it isn't, we can't just keep building factories and houses to employ the world, we are already the most over populated country in Europe, at some point our population simply as to stop growing.

We don't need to build them there are plenty of empty ones...haven't you seen them? The companies are there as in an earlier post,the work is there..it's just that the British people appear to not want to do it...still better the company takes any investment abroad eh?

Archived