A record number of people are at work in the UK as unemployment falls again

So if you don't believe them, where are you getting your evidence from?

I wouldn't let it worry you. There are clearly many on here who wish folk to be out of work and our industry to fail because of their jaded political views. But the evidence of recovery is all around and by 2015 even they will be unable to lie even to themselves.

Errrr....Is that full time work? Or just work (part time)?

When I see them quote statistics that say "More people in full time work since records began", then I might believe it. Until then I'll just call it massaging the figures, or being obtuse with the wording for political point scoring. :suspect:

It's people in jobs that were out of work before..sorry it seems to upset you... :huh:

I wouldn't let it worry you. There are clearly many on here who wish folk to be out of work and our industry to fail because of their jaded political views. But the evidence of recovery is all around and by 2015 even they will be unable to lie even to themselves.

Nobody replied to my question. Are all these jobs full time jobs or part time! I suspect it's because the majority of them are part time!

If everyone who has a full time job went part time, and all the unemployed took those other half jobs would that equate in your world to zero unemployment? Cos if it does, then you're deluded.

Nobody replied to my question. Are all these jobs full time jobs or part time! I suspect it's because the majority of them are part time!

If everyone who has a full time job went part time, and all the unemployed took those other half jobs would that equate in your world to zero unemployment? Cos if it does, then you're deluded.

See above..

It is very interesting that unemployment was 500,000 higher in 2010 than it had been in in 1997. This despite there being several hundred thousand more students and a massive increase in the number of part time jobs.

There may well now be a few more part time jobs than there were in 2010, but there are also hundreds of thousands less public sector "contrived" jobs, less students. The retirement age has also risen. It is pretty clear that the private sector is managing very well to absorb the losses from the public sector and then some. Without the financial burden of an overweight public sector our industries are able to compete in world markets.

You've obviously never worked for Tesco or McDonalds. I'm sure, although your thanks won't pay the bills, it will go a long way to making workers feel much better, whilst the owners of the huge companies they work for get richer and richer. At least they can rest safe in the knowledge that they're helping "the economy", eh?

I have worked for Tesco, as a contractor. Prompt payers, quite demanding, I wouldnt hesitate to work for them again.

I am glad you feel that praising working people is worthwhile. Also that you agree that prosperous businesses are a good thing.

Archived