Romantic or Corny?

mine was captured by a professional tog - but only cos he was a friend and had his camera out at the party where OH proposed...

I love having good photo's of it (and he did really well given it was dusk, there were fireworks and he wasn't expecting it or prepared at all!) however it really does depend on the situration and the couple I'd imagine....

Surely its a service you could offer, and if no one wants it then have you lost anything?

Well were starting to get mixed responses now which is a relief as il let you in on a little secret... I'll be deleting this post tomorrow because it's a secret...

I'm considering doing it for my own proposal - how does that affect peoples opinions.

My partner and I often photograph one another when testing different shots, we're both wedding photographers, and my intention was to pose a lovely shot and then shoot the proposal while on one knee. It would be at a distance with a remote control but I worry it might be too corny.

Any thoughts?

Well were starting to get mixed responses now which is a relief as il let you in on a little secret... I'll be deleting this post tomorrow because it's a secret...

I'm considering doing it for my own proposal - how does that affect peoples opinions.

My partner and I often photograph one another when testing different shots, we're both wedding photographers, and my intention was to pose a lovely shot and then shoot the proposal while on one knee. It would be at a distance with a remote control but I worry it might be too corny.

Any thoughts?

You know your fiancée better than any one on here so what do YOU think her response to it will be? Good luck by the way. Have you picked out and bought her a ring yourself?

jb

Ring is just a week our two away and I know you're right but the nerves are getting the best of me because I want it to be a really romantic and thoughtful proposal but the photographer in me wants to take pictures but I just worry if it's too corny - hence the line of questioning.

My sister is getting married later this year. She has sent me photos of when her boyfriend proposed at the top of the Eiffel tower in Paris.

I don't know if her fiancee asked someone to take them or someone took them on the spur. (I never thought of asking actually, for some reason it didn't occur to me until and I read this thread)

She has sent me them as she wants them editing before she puts them up at her wedding.

I don't think the photos are in bad taste. I think it's nice to be able to see them.

I think if there is a market for it then go for it. Each to their own I say. I think it depends how it is done. The photographer would have to be hidden and be very unintrusive whilst taking the photos. I also think it would put a lot of pressure on the couple. It is an intimate thing, however it could be nice to have some photos of the event.

• 3 weeks later...

It might be seen at the minute as a very 'American' thing to do, but look at all the other wedding trends over the years that have filtered from across the pond, trash the dress, wedding planners, even photography styles, like Jasmine Starr and Annabel Williams. Your post reminded me of this blog I read last year

will you marry me blog post

Watch this space, give it another year and every photographer in the Country will be offering this :)

I personally think there is a place for this in the market, I came across this a few months ago http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/mystery-bondi-beach-marriage-proposal-couple-revealed/story-e6freuy9-1226496645112 love the photo.

It has to be done right though.

I also enjoyed reading the will you marry me blog post above, that guy put some serious effort in there!

Archived