DJ Les in Nelson

GreenTea

How on earth do they manage to fit a band in with all their equipment and still have room for any customers in the nelson, unless it's been made larger by extending in to the surrounding buildings. The Wap used to feel cramped with some bands there. Shame the penguin closed down as that was always an interesting night out. Les was never a favorite with me as he had one noise level, incredibly loud in the Wap and ken with his Jethro Tull leaning could also be a bit annoying. I much preferred bob maltby either playing in the Saddle or as resident DJ at Rebelsas he had some really obscure stuff amongst his vinyl.

They wanted to put bands on I think.

To be fair they wanted to put a band on one saturday night as a one off and Lez had a hissy fit and told them he was leaving anyway.

There is now another DJ on downstairs in the Nelson who plays allsorts of stuff.

I know a lot of people think that the world of rock is doomed without Lez but there are also lots of other perfectly good DJ's out there:)

To be fair they wanted to put a band on one saturday night as a one off and Lez had a hissy fit and told them he was leaving anyway.

There is now another DJ on downstairs in the Nelson who plays allsorts of stuff.

I know a lot of people think that the world of rock is doomed without Lez but there are also lots of other perfectly good DJ's out there:)

Got to give it to owd Lez !! Lookin well for 67 :hihi:

• 3 weeks later...

Just read the comments here. Powerage is right, The pub wanted to put a band on downstairs as part of the Harley Davidson Night we had. Les decided to Leave. But the Nelson still rocks all weekend. Friday nights is live music downstairs with some of the best bands around playing everything from Punk to Classic rock! Upstairs anything rocks on a Friday night with DJ Johnny playing all your requests.

Saturday night and DJ Paul (Lush) joins the gang downstairs playing METAL, alternative, emo, Industrial, goth etc! Upstairs Johnny plays everything classic NEW & OLD! If you request it he'll play it!!

Yes the Nelson will be putting on more live music, holding more theme nights with some great ticket giveaways to some amazing gigs. Getting more special guests to join us and inviting you to rock with us to make it a night out to remember. If you are into rock or just want a great night out, join the gang and make it a NELSON night!

Archived